The Muljibhai Madhvani Foundation is a Charitable Trust which was set up with the primary objective of promoting scientiﬁc and technical education for the betterment of the people of Uganda.
It is in pursuit of this objective that the Board of Trustees of the Foundation set up a Scholarship Committee and instituted a University scholarship programme starting in the 2003/2004 academic year.
The scholarship programme is aimed at beneﬁting Ugandans pursuing either undergraduate or postgraduate education at University level in Uganda.
The Board of Trustees have identiﬁed the following disciplines for sponsorships:
Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Commerce, Engineering, Food Science & Technology, Information Technology, Hotel Management, Pharmacy, Nursing, Architecture, Veterinary Medicine, Actuarial Science, Environmental Studies and Human Medicine.
The Board however, reserves the right to revise this list periodically, on the recommendation of the Scholarship Committee, to suit the relative importance of each of the disciplines in the wider strategic framework of national capacity building
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Undergraduate students (Ugandan Nationals), who have completed at least the ﬁrst year of their studies at a Ugandan University; (in any of the disciplines in 2.0 above), are eligible to apply.
- Students with CGPA lower than 2.2 and/or having a retake in any subject in the ﬁrst/preceding year of study are not eligible to apply.
- Postgraduate students (Ugandan Nationals), who have either been admitted and/or registered for postgraduate programmes at a Ugandan University.
- (A ﬁrst degree in the disciplines in 2.0 a must). Students already on scholarships or sponsorships with other organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Also, the successful applicants who may be awarded scholarships or sponsorships by other organizations after the Muljibhai Madhvani Foundation scholarship award shall be discontinued.
- Undergraduate applicants; proof of completion of the ﬁrst year of study in a recognized university in Uganda. The higher one’s CGPA, the better.
- Postgraduate applicants; proof of admission to a postgraduate programme in a recognized University or Institution of Higher Learning in Uganda.
- Academic performance; the applicants’ Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and/or class of degree as well as academic references shall be among the variables to be used in determining successful applicants.
- The applicant’s age and character shall be considered.
- The ﬁnancial status of the applicants themselves, their parents, families and/or spouses shall be scrutinized to assess their relative ﬁnancial needs.
- The Board of Trustees has empowered the Scholarship Committee to use their discretion in considering the Applicants and identifying those suitable for sponsorship.
- The Committee may use additional parameters, such as gender, regional balance and disability, where candidates are equally qualiﬁed.
- Postgraduate Applicants with work experience in the relevant ﬁeld of study will have advantage in award of Scholarship.
- The Foundation reserves the right to check and verify any information provided by the applicant.
- The Foundation reserves the right to reject any application.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualiﬁcation.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
The scholarship covers tuition fees only from the second year to completion for undergraduate students; and for the entire programme of study for Postgraduate students from the time of application/award.
HOW TO APPLY
All sections of the application form must be carefully ﬁlled in, attached with relevant documentation and submitted along with a signed Model Release Form. Section F must be ﬁlled by the relevant ofﬁcer and stamped.
The Completed application form can either be delivered in person or posted to;
Muljibhai Madhvani Foundation, P. O. Box 33479, Plot No.96-98, Business Park 5th Street, Industrial Area, Kampala, Uganda
Applicants, whose forms are not ﬁlled properly as required or Section E has not been ﬁlled in or have failed to attach the relevant supporting documents shall be rejected
Deadline: The closing date for submission of completed forms is the 31st May 2018.