Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Intern (WellShare International Jobs)
Organisation: WellShare International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
WellShare International Jobs: WellShare International is an international U.S.-based non-governmental organization headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota whose mission is to advance sustainable community health around the world.
WellShare International Jobs: The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will support the Country Team in collecting and compiling data to examine emergency contraceptives and family planning usage at community level and facility level, as well as measure program activities impact on youth access to FP services at both facility and community level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct health facility assessments, develop data collection tools and implement surveys related to project activities. Analyze data and write reports.
- Support the Program Officer in data validation and data cleaning.
- Work closely with the program team to analyze District HMIS data, Quarterly CYP (by Facility, Community and Outreach) and look at trends of CYP, FP use by age group (for example youth).
- Support the program team to examine youth use of FP services at facility and community level (age disaggregation of FP users (new and revisit by 10-19 and 20-24 age groups) at baseline (July 2016) and endline June 2016 (as proxy of impact of the youth-friendliness of the facilities).
- Work with the program team to strengthen internal project databases (excel) that capture information from project and district databases.
- Assist the Program Manager to collect analyze and use data for decision-making around ECP utilization in the two districts.
- In charge of the identification and documentation of success stories, best practices and lessons learnt in program implementation to share in the annual and final reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The M&E Intern should preferably hold a BA in Public Health, Development Studies, Statistics, or social sciences
- Previous experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of Health Programs; good understanding of quality data collection tools (both qualitative and quantitative), highly proficient in EXCEL and experienced data entrant.
- Prior exposure and experience in technical writing (including editorial skills) for health and other social service programs
- Energetic, independent and self-motivated
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while working as part of team
- Previous work experience in health research (e.g. as a research assistant)and documentation, or implementation of a community health program
- Extensive experience in reporting, documentation, publication, and visual material preparation in relation to public health
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Past work or volunteer experience in developing countries.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter, updated curriculum vitae, names and contacts of 3 references to: email@example.com with the position name in the title of the email.
Deadline: 26th January, 2017
Fresh Graduate Jobs in Uganda: Monitoring and Evaluation Intern – WellShare International Jobs