Job Title: Agricultural Loans Officers – Agribusiness Jobs Uganda
Duty Station: Central and Upcountry, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
Agribusiness Jobs Uganda: DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Agribusiness Jobs Uganda: The Agricultural Loans Officer will grow DFCU Bank’s Agri customer base by recruiting and maintaining a quality portfolio through the promotion of the bank’s savings and lending products in strict compliance with laid down risk management controls and credit procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Agricultural Loans Officer will manage a portfolio of corporate clients and ensure that the bank achieves its revenue targets.
- Originate and assess business propositions for both new and existing clients.
- Build and manage relationships to protect the Bank from loss, maximize returns in a manner consistent with the business strategy.
- Ably select quality business in a challenging environment, while making sound reasoned judgment on business decisions across a diverse range of industry sectors. This includes critical analysis of macroeconomic and business environment opportunities and threats inherent, analysis of risk verses potential return, credit quality and facility structure.
- Execute sales plans to ensure that all products meet budget commitments.
- Offer responsive, proactive, proficient and effective banking service to customers, there by expanding share of business.
- The jobholder will also ensure good retention strategy for the existing clientele, there by growing the wallet share.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- Attend departmental meetings represent the Head of DIB at the delegated forums and any other duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Agricultural Loans Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics or Agribusiness with at least 6-12 months working experience in a financial institution.
- Financial analysis and credit assessment skills are desirable.
- High level of speed and accuracy in order to exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent sales/networking and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to ride a motor vehicle to visit clients in remote areas.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of credit principles and guidelines
- High analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills required.
- Demonstrated awareness of the agriculture sector concerning factors like farm management, government policies and projects, trends in the market etc.
- Good understanding of the seasonal trends or cycles and their overall effect on various crops
- Excellent negotiation and Interpersonal skills (team player, good communication and time management skills).
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, Word).
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 12th September 2017