Job Title: Quality Controller (Quality Control Jobs in Uganda)
Organisation: HMH-Rainbow Ltd.
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Control Jobs in Uganda: HMH-Rainbow Ltd. is the parent company of the Yo Kuku! brand of chicken. The integrated business consisting of a feed mill, broiler farms and a processing facility is located in a remote Semuto within Nakaseke District, about 50kms from Kampala City.
Job Summary: The Quality Controller will ensure compliance to food safety management systems across all departments within HMH-RAINBOW.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Quality Controller will support the Quality Assurance Supervisor to:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in Broiler House pre-placement checks in Broiler Farms
- The jobholder will also supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in cleaning the slaughterhouse and waste collection area
- Assign training of new workers to qualified workers in the Feed Mill, Slaughter House and Broiler Farms
- Keenly review reports and confers with Quality Assurance and Production Managers to solve work related problems
- Direct workers in quality assurance audits and inspection and testing in the Feed mill, Slaughterhouse and Farms
- Monitor compliance with food safety rules
- Accomplishes quality assurance human resource objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and disciplining employees, communicating job expectations and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Carrying out food quality checks at the Distribution Center in Kampala
- Perform other duties as assigned and as per the company Food Safety Management Systems which cuts across the organization
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Food Processing or Food science
- Additional training in ISO audits for training.
- At least two years’ experience with one year in a busy processing organization
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and within a big dynamic team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex workload and work to tight deadlines
- Time Management
- Conflict Management/Problem Solving
- Empowering Others
- Judgment /Decision-making
- Show commitment to continuous learning
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are strongly encouraged to send an updated CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ( first letter is small L)
Deadline: 29th July 2017