Station: Kamuli / Nakaseke
Whave is a social enterprise registered in Uganda. We work with communities, government authorities, social organisations and NGOs, to find and demonstrate solutions to poverty and conservation issues. Our team includes both local and international experts with professional capabilities ranging from engineering to social science.
We are currently seeking candidates to fill the role of Field Officer under our Safe Water Security Programme in Nakaseke and Kamuli. Applicants are invited to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter including why this position interests you, how your previous experience is relevant and why you think you can achieve good results.
Field Officer Role
The role as a Field Officer will be to assist in the implementation of Whave’s project in Kamuli / Nakaseke to improve access to safe water in rural areas. As the role will involve a lot of interaction with local community good Lusoga or Luganda is essential.
The main tasks of the Field Officer will be to develop strong relationships with communities, local politicians and civil servants and to clearly communicate on WASH issues:
- Establishing / reactivating water and sanitation committees including providing relevant training
- Making agreements to provide preventive maintenance services for water sources
- Overseeing technical work by local technicians
- Improving community sanitation and hygiene, particularly in the safe water chain
- Liaising with local officials from the district and sub-counties and developing local by-laws
- Ensuring compliance to by-laws
- Develop secure saving options for by-law water user fees
The Field Officer is also expected to provide admin support in addition to the above duties. This includes sharing your skills with other members of the team, general administration and keeping of accounts.
Successful applicants must have adequate skills and experience suitable for the tasks described above, including:
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Degree level education
- Experience and understanding in community development and local government structures
- Good Lusoga or Luganda
- Adequate computer skills such as knowledge of Excel and Word
- Preferably the ability to ride a motorbike
Working hours and conditions will be standard, with scope for flexibility to suit individual circumstances. Remuneration will be on a negotiation basis, depending on your skills and experience.