Job Title: Products Assistant – Alternate Channels
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Products Manager-Channels
About Barclays UK:
Barclays Bank Uganda Jobs: Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Products Assistant-Alternate Channels will;
- Support the local Barclays Product Channels for Retail customers, ensuring the business remains competitive while achieving its stated income targets
- To recommend and support to implement new channel product developments and enhancements to the existing channel set
- Understand Barclays competitive position for each product channel and sector of the market to make recommendations in respect of local pricing and local market potential
- Act as the principal point of contact on product channel issues for local sales and marketing teams
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Direction: 40%
- The role holder will be responsible for meeting income targets for Retail products. This will be achieved by identifying opportunities for new product developments and enhancements in line with the Retail Strategy.
- Monitor and provide feedback to centre on local competitor product activity, including pricing.
- Undertake product legal and regulatory assessment as required.
- Research and propose suggestions for channel enhancements to Centre.
- Provide and analyse product income data for Local and Centre management information.
- Maintain a complete record of all Channel Customers on a streamlined relationship management basis.
Business Awareness: 30%
- Monitor adherence to agreed product channel pricing strategy, rectifying errors where identified
- Work with Retail Sales teams to ensure appropriate product sales processes are in place
- Provide business input for implementation of new products by: Engaging relevant stakeholders, building a business case, managing the development process where required, completing all local product testing, building a detailed local implementation plan, closely monitoring local implementation.
- Give necessary notices to local government/regulators and public of product and price changes.
- Liaise with Local Operations Centres, regularly reviewing all operational standards for product profitability, and identifying skills gaps.
- Review and feedback into customer satisfaction surveys, responding to customer product complaints.
- Work closely with People Development and Sales Management functions to design and deliver appropriate training, and give input into sales strategies.
- Provide clear direction of the Barclays Africa business objectives by translating business performance objectives and measures into clear, concise communication
- In the way you lead on a daily basis, be a role model for your colleagues, doing things wholeheartedly, communicating with passion and enthusiasm, embracing change as a way of working.
Relationship Management: 10%
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Business functions as well as Communication Managers and the PR function.
Customer Service: 10%
- The role holder will ensure that Channel Customers are effectively supported by Service teams & branches and will put mechanisms in place to achieve maximum channel usage as per set targets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Stanbic Bank Products Assistant – Alternate Channels job must have good communication skills both written and oral
- Strong analytic and numerical skills for calculation of statistics needed in performance tracking
- Experienced in basics of Project management
- PC skills
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Report writing skills
- Business Focus; Meeting customer needs, Business awareness, Personal results, Team results.
- People Focus; Involving people, Managing relationships, Team Work, Effective Communications.
- Personal Focus; Personal organisation, Self-confidence, Self-development, Determined, Quality conscious.
- Analytical Focus; Forward planning, Analysis and judgement, Decision-making, Wider-thinking.
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below: