Job Title: Invigilator
Organisation: British Council
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
British Council Uganda Jobs: The Invigilator will be accountable for maintaining the integrity and reputation of the British Council and the various examination boards by ensuring that tests are delivered to prescribed standards for customer service, security and administration. You will also be accountable for promoting a positive image of the British Council by providing a high standard of customer care on the test day.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide. British Council Uganda is based in Kampala and offers a full range of programmes including examinations, project management on behalf of other donors, and its own grant funded projects. British Council has operated in Uganda since 1952 and its aim is to build cultural and educational relations between Uganda and the UK.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report promptly to test venue at agreed time. In case of any delays or if unable to get to the test venue, inform the appropriate test day or British Council Examinations Services staff in a timely manner.
- Follow all relevant standards & procedures, based on training and reference materials provided by the British Council Examinations Services and the relevant Exam Boards.
- The British Council Invigilator will also enable good customer flow by giving candidates clear direction and answering their enquiries.
- Ensure that candidates follow the agreed exam procedures regarding the location and security of their belongings. Conduct candidate entry, exit, identity checks and Test Day Photography procedures according to exam requirements. Ensure special arrangements are provided as required.
- Be familiar with the emergency procedures for the test day venue.
- Invigilate examinations to the standard required by the British Council Examinations Service and the relevant Exams Boards.
- Actively monitor candidates during tests to make sure that there is no violation of test conditions.
- The British Council Invigilator will support the supervisor to ensure that candidates have a positive and consistent test day experience and a positive image of the British Council.
- Ensure all material is accounted for and handed over securely to the supervisor.
- The Complete and maintain accurate records of exam assignments. Complete all reports, logs and claims accurately as required by British Council Examinations Services.
- Follow all relevant guidelines and policies in the areas of: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, and Anti-Fraud.
- Report any incidents, emergencies or breaches of security to the appropriate test day supervisor.
- Work with the test day supervisor to promote and ensure the wellbeing of candidates at all time. In case of emergencies, follow correct procedures.
Additional duties in line with the role may be required:
- Training and development
- Attend all briefing and training sessions as requested by the British Council Examinations Services Centre.
- Complete all mandatory training modules: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, Anti-Fraud, Invigilator on line training, Identity Checks as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the British Council Invigilator job placement should possess a Diploma or Equivalent Qualification.
- Minimum of B1 Level English Language qualification.
- Existing Rights to live and work in Uganda.
- Appropriate police check required.
- Customer service: experience of responding to children/ young adults and parents’ needs (as customers) in a professional manner, to a high level of quality.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the British Council in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent, proceed with the online application.
Deadline: 13th June 2018