Job Title: Intern – Human Resources Department
Organization: American Refugee Committee (ARC) International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: ARC HR Officer
ARC Uganda Jobs: The American Refugee Committee (ARC) International is an International nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that provides humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries around the world.
ARC Uganda Jobs: The Intern will join the HR Department, and contribute to accomplishing our ambitious and exciting 2018 programming. This is a three month assignment, allowance-based, with possibility of renewal for additional three-months. The HR Intern reports to the ARC HR Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all HR documents are properly filed in the Kampala HR unit Personnel Files
- Ensure recruitment documentation is complete and organized for filing
- Support with recruitment – Shortlist Grid; References; Employee Data Form; Bank Information Form; Passport photos, etc.
- Handle candidate-invitations and scheduling for recruitment, interviews
- Scheduling for interviews and arranging all the documents required for the activity to take place.
- Guide new staff in completing ARC HR paperwork for on boarding, and HR files.
- Supporting in regular leave tracking of Kampala staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the American Refugee Committee (ARC) International Intern – Human Resources Department job placement should preferably be a recent graduate with Bachelors or higher diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Keen interest and exposure working with NGOS in Human Resources and administrative work
- Effective Computer skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and the internet
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills including excellent writing skills – in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should send a one-page cover letter, updated CV (maximum four pages) and names, title and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor – via email to UGjobs@arcrelief.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line.
NB: Only applications received through the stated email address will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st February 2018 by 5:00 pm
ARC Uganda Jobs – Human Resources Graduate Intern
Job Title: Human Resource Intern
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Human Resource & Administration
UCU Uganda Jobs: Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in keeping safe custody and filing of staff personnel files and documents.
- Assist in updating staff files and data and opening new staff files.
- Tasked with receiving job applications, processing and filing them accordingly.
- Assist in updating the Human Resource Database.
- Support the Staff Welfare Officer in organizing and planning for staff events, functions and activities.
- Receiving and reconciling payment projections and actual for Casual workers across the University.
- Assist in organizing meetings within the Directorate of Human Resource & Administration.
- Attending to immediate inquiries and queries made by staff, visitors and students.
- Receiving mail/documents in the Directorate of Human Resource Administration.
- Issuing various HR related forms to Support & Group staff.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Human Resource Intern must hold a Bachelor’s degree (at least 2:1) in Human Resource Management from Uganda Christian University.
- Familiarity with Uganda Labour Laws
- Must have excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Internet)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, staff and visitors
- Must be a person of high integrity with excellent working ethic
- Must be a committed and practicing Christian
How to Apply:
All prospective employees are encouraged to send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and two references (Leadership & Pastoral). Please also attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts. All online applications must be sent in one PDF attachment.
The Manager of Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 27th October 2017 by 5:00pm
UCU Uganda Jobs – Human Resource Intern
Job Title: Human Resource Intern (Internship Placements Uganda 2017:)
Internship Placements Uganda 2017: He /She will track time sheets received from the field and will be responsible for filing them and providing an update to the HR officer
Job Details Category : Internship
Location : Kampala
Duration : 6 months
Internship Placements Uganda 2017: DRC is an International non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. In Uganda, DRC assists the refugees from neighboring countries mainly DR Congo and South Sudan in the South West, West and West Nile region of the country.
Internship Placements Uganda 2017: DRCs assistance to refugees have been both emergency assistance to address the short term influxes from the neighboring countries as well as to address the sustainable solutions for the refugees. DRC is also the lead of a Consortium (Save the Children, ZOA, and CEFORD) for the implementation of an EU Trust Fund project in the refugee settlements in West Nile (Rhino camps, Adjumani and Kiryandongo settlements).DRC has recently secured funding from DFID for the refugee program in West Nile.
Purpose: The main purpose of the position is to support the Human Resource department with routine documentation and paperwork.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN TOR.
- The intern will be responsible for recruitments tracking. This will also include obtaining signatures on the recruitment instruction forms, recording positions into the tracker and file management for all the recruitment documentation.
- Will take part in organising for interviews. This will include administering written tests and also ensuring that the interview venues are well set, avail computers if required among others.
- The intern will work with the HR officer to update the personnel files.
- The intern will be the time sheets responsible.
- He /She will track time sheets received from the field and will be responsible for filing them and providing an update to the HR officer.
- Will be in charge of preparing parcels with staff items to be dispatched to the field. This could be identity cards, Medical insurance cards, uniforms among others.
- In the absence of the HR officer, the Intern will be back up and perform any other duties a signed.
The Human Resource Intern will report to the HR/ADMIN COORDINATOR
- A degree in Business Administration,Social Sciences,Human Resource Mangement or any related field.
- No experience required
- Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
- Knowledge of MS office applications
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to apply:
Applications should be in English and include the following:
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line should read Human Resource Intern Kampala. The deadline for submission of applications is the 20th February 2017.
We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Fresh Graduate Jobs in Uganda: Internship Placements Uganda 2017 – No Experience Human Resource Intern – DRC