POST: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
MINISTRY: GENDER, LABOUR AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
REF: HRM 147/286/01
SALARY: UGANDA GOVERNMENT SCALE U4
AGE: 21 YEARS AND ABOVE
MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Information Technology Uganda Jobs 2017: Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and Computing; or Computer Information Systems and Administration; or Business Information Systems; or Business Computing or Systems Administration; or Software Engineering Systems Design and Analysis; or any other closely related discipline in the field of Information Technology from a recognised University/Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Information Technology Officer for performing the
– Preparing charts and diagrams to explain Network operation and to train LAN & WAN users in proper use of the network.
– Surveying performance needs and goals of LAN and WAN users.
– Monitoring bandwidth usage, analyzing traffic patterns and volumes and determining implications of issues.
– Analyzing work load, including traffic and utilization trends.
– Ensuring timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on availability.
– Preparing checklists and processes for LAN and WAN help desk issue resolution.
– Diagnosing and resolving hardware failures, network operating system problems and other LAN/WAN related malfunctions.
– Monitoring and running end of day operations.
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, University Graduates to fill vacant posts in Ministries/Departments/Agencies. Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008) in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form) should be submitted to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala, Farmer’s House 2nd Floor to be received in the Registry Room 214 not later than 5 th December 2017.
The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers’ House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website www.psc.go.ug. The colour of the application Form does not matter.
Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC EXTERNAL ADVERT [GRE] No. 3/2017” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent passport size photographs on the Application Form and one photograph on the Summary Form. Applicants should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for. Serving officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered.
Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission, on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Information Technology Uganda Jobs 2017 – Graduate IT Offucer