JOB TITLE: Officer –TREP (3) (URSB Jobs 2017)
Reports To: Supervisor- TREP.
Duration: One (1) Year Contract
Department: TREP PROGRAM
URSB Jobs 2017: The Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) is established as a Statutory Body under the Uganda Registration Services Bureau Act Cap. 210, Laws of Uganda 2000 Edition. The Bureau is a key player in commercial and civil registrations that facilitate private sector development and vital statistics for national planning.
URSB now seeks to recruit suitably qualified, competent and experienced professionals to fill vacancies within its various directorates. These positions require persons with integrity, dedication, diligence and commitment who are professionals in one or more of the following functional areas: – Business Registration, Liquidation, Intellectual Property Registration, Civil Registration, Finance and Administration.
Key responsibilities and duties:
1. Jointly collaborate with URA, KCCA & Local Government to implement TREP.
2. Sensitize the Business Community about their Rights and obligations with regard to Business Registration and formalization
3. Conduct and bring all Business Registration services nearer clients through operationalizing of mobile offices
4. Through mobile offices to provide assistance to the business community about different procedures and requirements in Business formalization
5. Attend weekly review meetings
6. Through Mobile Offices, to provide technical assistance to business community about the different procedures and requirements in Business formalization
7. Issues appropriate forms and brochures to clients.
8. Perform any other role as may be assigned by higher authority
Key Result Areas:
1. Business names registered
2. Business community sensitized
3. Weekly and monthly reports submitted
4. Movement of clients’ files tracked.
5. Finished work handed to back to clients.
An Honors Degree in Business Administration, Law, ICT, Social Sciences, Arts, Commerce, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Development, Development Studies, Business Computing, Communication, marketing or any relevant course to the tax registration expansion program (TREP)
Key Competencies and Skills:
1. Computer knowledge.
2. Good communication skills.
3. Customer cares skills.
Interested candidates who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to submit their applications through the process below not later than 5:00pm 12th April,2017.Note the following;
a) Fill in the Application Form – Click here to download the Application form.
b) Send applications through the EMAIL address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: No physical Application Forms shall be accepted at the URSB offices.
c) The Subject of the email sent MUST contain the CODE for the position being applied for (e.g URSB0057 if you are applying for the position of ‘Driver’ )
d) Applicants will receive a response to confirm delivery of their email.
e) DO NOT attach copies of your Academic Documents at this point.
Only candidates that have been shortlisted & contacted will be REQUIRED to present Copies of their ORIGINAL documents and submit photocopies of the same.
Application Deadline: 12th April, 2017
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing, influence peddling and /or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.