Job Title: Administrative Assistant (DRC Uganda Jobs)
Job at: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
DRC Uganda Jobs: The Administrative Assistant will give day to day administrative support and work in close collaboration with other HR/Administrative Assistants in Westnile offices focusing on reception, practical arrangements and accommodation in Westnile.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder manages assistance to all travelers by ensuring timely accommodation bookings in line with the DRC travel policy.
- The Administrative assistant controls the central mailing system for Arua Office.
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for processing payments to service providers under their docket to be reviewed by the Head of Support for accuracy. These payments will relate to travel and accommodation, utilities (cooking gas, running water, electricity, Garbage and Stan kit).
- The Administrative Assistant will from time to time be required to take responsibility in office management by ensuring the office environment is clean and conducive.
- Manages assistance for all guests including staff and all the other stake holders.
- Manages the central mailing book for West Nile office ensuring that all incoming and outgoing mail is correctly recorded.
- Maintains an updated contact list as shared by the IT Officer.
- Organizing and scheduling appointments.
- Receiving phone calls at the office.
- Ensures that there is always tea, coffee and drinking water available at the office.
- Compiles minutes from the Monday morning meetings from all Westnile locations and disseminates a finalized copy by Thursday of every week after the review of the Head of Support, It is the responsibility of the Admin Assistant to follow up with various field sites to ensure that the minutes will be received timely.
- From time to time give assistance with logistical support to the organization of in-house trainings and meetings ensuring the venue is in order, stationary available, clean/suitable food and refreshments are provided if need be.
- Manages filing of office administrative documents.
- Displays necessary notices and memos on the office Notice board as requested.
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and you may be required to perform extra tasks depending on operational needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Administrative Assistant job placement must hold relevant qualifications, skills and experience to perform the aforementioned tasks
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com clearly indicating position title in the subject line. Deadline: 18th July 2017