Job Title: Economics Graduate Trainee (Fresh Graduate Jobs in Uganda)
Fresh Graduate Jobs in Uganda: CSBAG is a coalition formed in 2004 to bring together CSOs at national and district levels to influence government decisions on resource mobilization and utilization for equitable and sustainable development. CSBAG seeks to recruit an Economics Graduate Trainee to work with the secretariat. He/she will provide support to the organization’s research and policy analysis agenda.
The Economics Graduate Trainee that CSBAG recruits will be responsible to provide support to the organization in taking under-depth research in Economics and to analyze and evaluate the outcomes of the research in relation to CSBAG work.
Specifically, the following competences are desirable;
- Economic Research
- Ability to use analytical packages like SPSS, E-views and STATA
- Report writing
- Master’s Degree in Economics or MA Economic Policy and Planning or Economic Policy Management (completed or awaiting graduation)
- Post graduate training in Public Policy is an added advantage
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
a) The Graduate Trainee will carry out the following tasks:
• Undertake relevant research, data collection and analysis
• Writing reports.
• Analyse National Budget Documents and economic policies to inform CSBAG research and advocacy strategies.
• Take part in national and local level economic policy dialogues and using CSBAG experiences/research to inform economic policy discussions.
• Collect and analyse macro-economic information and, make high-quality policy proposals, most notably in relation to pro-poor economic growth.
• Write articles on topical economic related issues to be published and shared with CSBAG stakeholders
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, updated CVs, academic references to the Executive Director: Civil
Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG),
P.O. Box 660, Ntinda Kampala,
Uganda, Plot 11 Vubya Close Ntinda-stretcher road
Deadline: by 5:00 pm on 15th August 2017.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY