Job Title: Data Management Trainees
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs: Mercy Corps is an international non-profit organization which implements high-quality, analytical development programmes in very difficult places. Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006. It has and continues to implement programs in Acholi and Karamoja sub regions. Mercy Corps is taking a community-led, market driven approach to address poverty and food insecurity needs through interventions that get to the root causes and contributing factors of economic vulnerability. Donors include the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), DFID, Mastercard Foundation, WALMART Foundation, Coca Cola Africa Foundation, US Depart of State (DOS) /PEPFAR, ECHO and Nike Foundation.
Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs: The primary aim of the graduate trainee program is to ensure mutual benefit for the trainee and the organization. The position holders will work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team to ensure program quality in accordance with accepted standards, providing essential feedback for learning, accountability and decision making. They will be equipped to provide internal capacity building for program staff on monitoring and evaluation activities/standards as well as review and develop necessary tools that feed into the needs of the DYNAMIC program. The Data Management trainee will be responsible for ensuring and maintaining an accurate and up to date program database which will be used to inform program indicators. They will also be required to provide training and on-going support for program and partner staff to ensure timely and quality data collection, analysis, storage, retrieval and reporting. The trainee will participate in providing data for production of program periodic reports and compiling data on program progress performance against set targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct monthly longitudinal studies with selected youth across Kitgum, Lamwo, Pader and Omoro depending on the field office that s/he will be attached
- Support design and implementation of assessments and other pre and post data collection actions and analysis.
- Ensure quality control procedures and accuracy of entered data and comparing it with the existing filing system to make sure all records are consistent and aligned.
- Support entry of data received from DYNAMIC staff and partners into excel spreadsheets, google sheets and mWater – a cloud based data collection and storage platform
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Mercy Corps Data Management Trainee jobs must hold a bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Demography or any other related field
- Previous experience with quantitative data collection and reporting techniques
- Ability to design and implement surveys, have knowledge of commonly used probability and purposive sampling techniques.
- Willingness to ride a motorbike; have a valid permit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Mercy Corps Uganda to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th March 2018