Deadline of this Job: not later than 31st August, 2016 by 5:00pm
Kiryandongo Refugee Settlement Field Office, UgandaReports to: Legal AdvocatePERSON SPECIFICATION
- A suitable Candidate for this position should poses a Degree in Law from a recognised Institution.
- Possession of a Post graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre is an added advantage.
- A minimum of one years’ relevant work experience in an NGO implementing humanitarian programs.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian/Refugee laws will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- High level of integrity
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, MS EXCEL, MS Power point.
- Good interpersonal skills
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates meeting the requirements above are encouraged to send their cover letter, CVs and photo copies of their Academic Certificates including three professional referees by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to InterAid Receptionist Kampala Office, not later than 31st August, 2016 by 5:00pm to the address below.
For a detailed job description, please visit our website at www.interaiduganda.org
The Human Resource Department,
Plot 1102 Block 8,
Kabaka Aniagala Road,
R0.Box 737, Kampala, Uganda,
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: Friday 29th July 2016 by 5.00pm
Duty Station: Nakivale and Kyangwali Refugee Settlement, Uganda
Reports to: Field Office Coordinator, Access to Justice
The Refugee Law Project (RLP) is an outreach project of the School of Law, Makerere University. Our Mission is to empower asylum seekers, refugees, deportees, IDPs and host communities to enjoy their human rights and lead dignified lives. Refugee Law Project’s work is currently structured in five thematic areas: Access to Justice; Conflict, Transitional Justice & Governance (CTJ&G), Gender & Sexuality; Mental Health & Psychosocial Wellbeing; and Media for Social Change.
Job Summary: The Community Paralegal will provide substantive legal, administrative secretarial work, research and provision of legal information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client Support:
- The Community Paralegal will receive clients and visitors, carryout initial needs assessment and directthem to the relevant officer(s); Provide research support to the Legal Officers on cases;
- Assist the Legal Officers in Investigations including locating relevant witnesses for cases and also support in interviewing clients and witnesses and prepare report(s) on the interview for the Legal Officer and providing quotes to clients.
- Networking, Local advocacy and Awareness Raising:Actively participate in community education and raising awareness on forced migration, International Human Rights, Refugee Law and also participate in relevant field visits to refugee and IDP settlements and other places such as police stations and prisons.
- Information Management Support: The Community Paralegal will conduct other clerkship responsibilities including; filing, taking and responding to legal related correspondences as necessary; support in basic psychosocial counseling for clients; prepare legal documents; research cases and any pertinent legal information needed and also help legal officers prepare for court cases, including opening and closing arguments and aiding in court pleadings or motions
- Uphold the RLP’s code of conduct
- Any other roles as may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Refugee Law Project (RLP) Community Paralegal job placement should hold a Diploma in Law.
- Computer literacy skills
- Fluency in Kiswahili and/or any other language spoken in refugee communities will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, we encourage you to address motivation letter and updated CV to the Human Resources Manager via E-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Copies of certificates should not be attached, but will be requested for from short-listed candidates only.