Job Category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda 2017
Ref: (MPCP/ 01/11/2016
The Mukwano Group of Companies is one of the leading and most respected conglomerates in Eastern and Central Africa. Since it’s humble beginning in 1980, the Mukwano business has grown through visionary diversification into manufacturing, agriculture, property development
, logistics, supply-chain management and packaging.
REPORTING TO THE PRODUCTION OFFICER THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Supervise and take responsibility of production shifts
- Supervise and provide technical guidance and support to subordinates in the manufacturing department
- Oversee preventive maintenance and report any malfunctions of the machines to the productions Officer.
- In liaison with the production officer, assist in the appraisal and performance process of subordinates
- Participate in making production plans and prepare daily shift production reports
- Participate in routine stock taking exercises in the plant.
- Monitor movement of finished products from the production plant to the warehouse.
- Produce quality products and maintain quality services by reviewing and enforcing organizational standard operating procedures and ISO standards.
- Participate in internal and external audit exercises
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by training and enforcing the full use of PPE, and related standard operating procedures.
- Train and develop successors / subordinates.
- Plan for manpower and utilize the same
- Any other duties assigned by the Production Officer
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- An ordinary diploma in mechanical engineering or any additional training in the related field.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in detergent production section in a busy manufacturing set up.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Good communication skills for both oral and written, excellent customer care skills, good numerical ability, positive attitude, a team player, flexible, results focused, takes initiative, logical reasoning skills , problem solving and creativity skills. Should have the ability to adjust to changing technology and ability to perform to expected standards.
- Mechanical ability, physical strength and stamina and the ability to work for long hours and in high places
Applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and a detailed curriculum vitae indicating contact addresses of three (3) referees should be sent to;
The Human Resource Department,
Mukwano Group of Companies
P.O Box 2671, Kampala, UGANDA
Or by E- mail to email@example.com and quoting the job reference as subject to the mail.
The attachment should not exceed 2MB. Kindly merge all your documents and send them in one attachment.
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e. from 1st November – 15th November 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited.
All successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary and benefits.
Fresher Job Opportunities in Uganda: Diploma Level Shift Supervisor Engineering Job – Mukwano Group of Companies Jobs