Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) is a faith-based private, not-for-proﬁt University owned by the Episcopal Conference of Catholic Bishops of Uganda. it is set to host the World Bank Center of Excellence in Agro-ecology and Livelihood Systems (ACALISE).
The Center is looking for self motivated, dynamic and ethically upright people to ﬁll a number of positions based at its main ofﬁce at the Faculty of Agriculture, Nkozi.
Procurement Assistant (1 Position)
Organization: Uganda Martyrs University/ACALISE
Duty Station: Nkozi Uganda
Remuneration: Attractive package
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns and supervises procurement of goods and services for ACALISE in liaison with ACALISE management
- Reviews, analyses and recommends procurements to ACALISE management and Procurement Committee after competitive bidding
- Ensures compliance with PPDA and World Bank Procurement procedures
- Follow up prompt payment to vendors according to the approved purchase order agreement; punctual delivery of goods and services by the vendor; proper receipt and clearance of any materials, supplies, or equipment, and conducts negotiations of any returns or adjustments which may become necessary.
- Prepares a weekly procurement progress log for sharing with all staff with up-to-date status of the procurements.
- Prepare periodic procurement reports.
- Should preferably hold a Degree in Procurement and Logistics and a Diploma in business related ﬁeld. A professional qualiﬁcation in Procurement is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of working experience in a relevant ﬁeld in the INGO is essential.
- Computer literacy i.e. experience in use of Microsoft ofﬁce applications i.e. word, excel and power point.
- Ability and willingness to learn World Bank procurement procedures Very well organized and able to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Job application procedure
All applications should reach the Director, Human Resources by 31st January, 2017. Applications for each position must be accompanied with an up-to-date C.V, copies of relevant documents (certiﬁcates and awards), a current day telephone contact and email address.
For more information, visit our website on www.umu.ac.ug
Applications should be addressed to:
Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P.0. Box 5498, Kampala
Deadline of this Job: 31st January, 2017