Uganda Petroleum institute Kigumba (UPIK) was established by the Statutory instrument No. 31 of 2011: The Universities and other Tertiary institutions Acts. 2006 (Establishment of Uganda Petroleum Institute, Kigumba) in July, 2011. The mandate of UP}K is to provide a world-class education in geosciences and petroleum engineering in order to support and advance the petroleum and energy sectors in Uganda, East Africa and beyond.
Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans who are result-oriented with proven integrity ’10 fill the following vacancies in the institute’s established structure.
Job Purpose: To undertake both planned and routine plumbing maintenance and repair tasks on a wide range of building services and facilities across the institute estate.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify plumbing faults that arise on a day to day within the entire institute estates.
• Carry out routine plumbing maintenances tasks amass the institute estates including, residential, academic, administration and workshop areas. Undertake small installation/alteration work part of building refurbishment, or change of use.
• Follow all Plumbing regulations based on standard requirements.
• Oversee plumbing installations by an outside contraction engaged by the institute.
• Prepares and submits weekly, monthly, quarterly and any incidental reports. ‘
• Prepare work plans and budgets in regards to all plumbing requirements.
• Orders and keep in stock all plumbing pearls(consumables and non-consumables) for emergency repairs. ~ From time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by the relevant authority.
Qualiﬁcations and Work Experience:
• Diploma in Water (and sanitation) Engineering from a recognized institution with Advanced craft Certificate in plumbing from a recognized institution.
• At least three years’ hands-up working experience in plumbing installations and repairs,. of multi-storied buildings with complex design
• Sound knowledge of Health and Safety issues;
• Understanding of building designs
• Time management; and
• Concern for quality, standard and regulations
Job application procedure
All suitable qualified and interested Ugandans for the above positions are invited to submit in triplicate their hand-written applications, clearly indicating telephone and email contacts. The signed application should bear the title of post as well as me reference number specified against the past together with copies of certified academic documents, up to date CV and relaxant supporting documents showing your experience, The application should be addressed to:
Governing Council. Uganda Petroleum institute Kigumba
P. O. Box 187, Bweyale kiryandongo
And be hand-delivered at the UPIK Reception in Kigumba.
Deadline: Not later than 2 week from the date of this advert.
Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the deadline for submission Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification