Deadline: 10th August 2016
Organization: Restless Development
Project Name: International Citizenship Service (ICS) Programme
Duty Station: Kayunga and Iganga, Uganda
Restless Development (Uganda) is an International NGO established to address the challenges faced by young people in Uganda by placing young people at the forefront of change and development. Our vision is for all Ugandan youth to live healthy and productive lives, fully supported by those around them. Our programming focuses on three core areas: youth sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth civic participation and youth employment and livelihoods.
About ICS Programme:
Restless Development implements the International Citizenship Service programme; an integrated programme which builds on the youth-led model of social and behavioral change communication with the ultimate aim of increasing access of SRH/R and livelihoods information with a strong component of civic participation among young people in targeted communities. The programme will be implemented in six sub counties in the districts of Iganga and Kayunga.
Job Summary: The Restless Development Volunteers will live and work full-time in the respective communities for a period of 3 months reaching out to in and out-of-school youth with comprehensive sexual reproductive health education, livelihoods and Civic Participation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Volunteers should at least hold A’ Level certificate or preferably with university qualifications
- Keen interest in contributing to safe youth sexual reproductive health and development issues
- Exhibit commitment to the principles of volunteering to support community development
- The applicants must be available between May to August 2016
- Age: Between 18-28 years old
How to Apply: