Deadline: 5th August 2016
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Lira, Gulu, Alebtong, Oyam, Apac, Dokolo, Kole, Otuke, Amolator, Agago, Omoro, Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Amuru and Nwoya, Uganda
Reports to: District Improvement Advisor
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The Data Improvement Officer will strengthen and improve facility health systems with focus on the availability of up to date and quality health information in the facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will support districts and health facilities in the district to ensure that correct versions of HMIS tools are available at the facilities.
- Build skills of frontline facility health care workers on Data Management
- The jobholder will also identify teams at each facility that are dedicated to support updating of relevant HMIS tools in real time.
- Support weekly and monthly reporting from within the departmental units to facility in charge to the District.
- Prioritize facility specific gaps and work with teaqjks to address these gaps.
- Work closely with the Facility in charge, health informationassistants and district Biostatistician by establishing a system in place that creates a common understanding of Data management.
- Manage facility data reviews.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor/ Chief of Party.
Key Performance Areas:
- Improved Data Management at facility level
- Improved quality of data as reflected through DHIS2
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID ASSIST Project Data Improvement Officer jobs must hold Degrees in any related field.
- One year of experience in data management.
- Thorough familiarity with the MOH HMIS systems/ handling public health data.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: email@example.com