Deadline: 15th August 2016
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Skills for Life Consult is an International fundraising, Research and Management consultancy firm dedicated towards the holistic sustainability of NGOs, CBOs and FBOs.Thefirm is composed of a team of experts in; Research, Organisation Development, Capacity building, Fundraising, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Job Summary: The Junior Volunteer Jobs will develop their career as junior consultants in these programmatic areas i.e. Research, Organisation Development, Capacity building, Fundraising, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build Skills for life Consult Civil Society membership portfolio
- Actively participate in writing project designs and grant applicationsfor projects and research studies.
- Take part in the critical analysis of Consultancy Bids, ToRs, Grant proposals, Partners’ organizational strengths and weaknesses with fellow team.
- Identify sources of funding and contribute to the updating of the Donors’ Data base.
- Significantly contribute articles for the compilation of the firm’s newsletter and Participate in the design and development of Clients Newsletters and Magazines.
- Participate in developing the firm’s operating and management systems.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines; Development studies, Development studies, Social work and social Administration or relevant Humanities. Skills in Project planning, ICT, Grant writing or marketing will be an addedadvantage.
- Ability to source, analyze, synthesize, and effectively present information and data
- Possess excellent analytical skills and ability to WRITE effectively in professional English especially for CSO audiences
- Excellent data analytical skills and ability to analyze and present data in a highly organized manner
- Quick learner and self-starter with ability to take initiative and work in a start-up and team oriented environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to collaborate on internal teams as well as with external stakeholders and partners.
- Willing to commit, willing to learn and share knowledge, with good character, creativity and positive attitude towards work.
Duration: The internship opportunity is for a period of 5 months and upon satisfactory performance of interns, they can either be retained by Skills for Life Consults or recommended to partner NGOs.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV, a cover letter explaining how your skills are relevant to the position to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship.”