Protection Training Officer (2 Fresher Vacancies)
Reports to: Protection and Rule of Law Manager
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
IRC is working in collaboration with OPM, UNHCR and other agencies to provide multi-sector assistance program in Bidibidi Refugee Settlement in Yumbe District, which is now home to approximately 20,000 South Sudanese refugees.
Job Summary: The Protection Training Officer will support the Protection and Rule of Law Manager in capacity building and information sharing at the community-level as well as designing and delivering workshops for other rule of law, protection, or government stakeholders. The Officers will facilitate training of trainer sessions for IRC’s Protection staff on relevant topics. They will ensure that all trainings conducted by the protection team align with best principles and guidance that contributes the the greatest possible impact on the target population.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will develop and adapt protection training tools and modules appropriate for adult learners
· Provide ToTs to IRC’s protection team as guided by the manager and coordinator
· Design, schedule and facilitate participatory trainings for community committees and protection volunteers
· Design, schedule and facilitate capacity-building workshops for external stakeholders at sub-county and district level in collaboration with the Protection and Rule of Law Manager and other staff as appropriate.
· Meet regularly with protection officers to identify training needs/gaps, design appropriate strategies to address the same including strategies for mobilizing full participation during trainings.
· Carry out follow-up to assess knowledge retention and applications after training and determine the need for refresher trainings
· Compile training reports to feed into broader project reports and for sharing with external stakeholders as necessary
· Prepare budgets and work plans for the training program and for each training, ensuring that program targets are met
· Ensure that all necessary documentation is prepared and submitted in advance of each training mission, including TORs, payment requests, and procurement requests
· Ensure that all necessary documentation is prepared and submitted to finance to reconcile any cash spent during trainings
· Schedule and facilitate participatory community-based protection trainings
· The ideal candidate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Protection Training Officer should hold a University Degree in social sciences, law, Education, human rights or related field
· Previous exposure and experience providing trainings and training of trainers in human rights protection
· Prior experience in designing training materials and facilitating protection trainings for adult learners
· Broad knowledge and understanding of human rights and protection principles
· Prior experience preparing and managing budgets and work plans
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
· Strong English writing and organizational skills
· Respects and adheres to deadlines
· Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds
· Computer literacy i.e. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email application software
· Fluency in English required.
· Working knowledge of languages spoken by South Sudanese refugees is an added advantage
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below.
17th September 2016