Project Name: Standard Gauge Railway Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Public Relations and Corporate Affairs
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is spearheading the development of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network. The SGR project is being implemented over five (5) years as a regional project with Uganda’s partner states of Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. The objective of developing the SGR network is to provide a modern, fast, reliable, efficient, and high capacity railway transport system as a seamless single railway operation.
Job Summary: The Client Relations Officer will relate with project stakeholders and provide and process relevant information in response to their requests, inquiries and concerns.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will communicate directly with stakeholders through the appropriate platforms (including telephone, electronically or face to face) and respond promptly to their inquiries as appropriate in line with the project’s values and objectives;
- The jobholder will respond to and resolve stakeholder concerns by ensuring that they are furnished with the required information;
- The incumbent will direct unresolved requests and issues to the designated officers and follow up for prompt response;
- Keep an accurate record of all stakeholders’ inquiries, comments, concerns, details of actions taken, prepare and submit regular reports of the stakeholder activity in the assigned area to management;
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date and active stakeholder database;
- Serve as a liaison person between the communities and SGR Project;
- The applicants for the Client Relations Officer must possess a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work & Social Administration, Public Relations or Mass Communication from recognized institutions.
- Additional training in Customer Care will be added advantage.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a customer relations role in a busy public or private sector organization.
- Computer literacy skills including proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge of the relevant local language (Adhola, Ateso, Lunyole, Lusoga and Luganda).
Personal Competencies: Ethics and Integrity, client relationship management, Team work, effective communication, Result orientation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academiccertificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Project Coordinator, Standard Gauge Railway Project,
P.O. Box 27756, Kampala. Uganda
Applications should be delivered to the …New Vision Offices…
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
- Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with both the position applied for and duty station.
Deadline: 28th September 2016