Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Unit Manager
UAP Holdings Limited is the pan-African Financial Services Company with a primary purpose of acting as a holding company for the various UAP businesses.The Group’s origins in Kenya date back to the 1920’s when Provincial Insurance Company of East Africa was incorporated. UAP Group embarked on a multi-phased restructuring plan in 2006 to shift from a traditional non-life insurance business to a broad-based Insurance and Financial Services Group. UAP Group has grown into a Pan-African Financial Services Group with a geographical footprint in six (6) countries namely Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda, Tanzania and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The range of services and products have grown beyond General Insurance to include Life Assurance, Property Investments, and Fund Management and related Financial Services such as insurance premium financing, financial advisory and securities brokerage.
Job Summary: The Agents / Risk Advisors will support UAP Insurance and serve as independent contractors and shall be remunerated by way of commission. The rate of Commission shall be as determined and regulated by the Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA). Commission will be paid monthly on all the business closed in that month and is fully paid up. The Agents will mainly be responsible for various types of General Insurance products to Businesses and Individuals on behalf of UAP Insurance Uganda Limited, including Motor, Fire, Property, Personal Accident, Property, Home, Medical, Travel insurances, specialized insurance such as Marine, Agriculture, Professional Indemnity, Medical Malpractice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell and promote the Company’s General Insurance products to potential and existing clients.
- Seek leads and develop clientele through networking so as to find new and potential customers.
- Contact potential clients and making presentations to prospective clients.
- Present proposals and requests for insurance to the Company’s underwriters for quotations and promptly communicate the terms to the clients.
- Follow up on quotations to close business and obtain feedback from clients.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled such as medical Examinations, completion of appropriate forms.
- The incumbent submit duly completed proposal forms to the Company and obtain confirmation binding cover.
- Deliver insurance documents to the client and explain the policy terms and conditions.
- Maintain regular contact with the clients to nurture the relationship between the Company and customers.
- Follow up policy renewals to retain the business.
- Report clients’ claims to the Company and follow up claims documentation from the
- Follow up the claim with the Company on behalf of the client and provide information on the claim status to ensure prompt settlement of claim;
- Forward customer queries and complaints to the Company and ensure the same are addressed;
- Identify customer needs and present them to the Company;
- Obtain information on activities in the market and advise the Company on business opportunities and threats;
- Maintain a record of all business acquired and prospective clients.
- The applicants for the UAP Insurance Agents / Risk Advisors should hold relevant Diplomas/Degrees
- Prior experience in sales and marketing will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of and Qualifications in Insurance will be an added advantage
- Good prospecting skills;
- Organized, aggressive and self-driven;
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet set goals and targets;
- Honesty, reliability and dependability;
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to network and build relationships;
- Age: Above 27 years
NB: Payments are Strictly Commission-Based.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter with a detailed CV including present position, phone contacts of two professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 30th November 2016