No Experience NOC Engineer jobs (2)- Africell Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: NOC Head of Section
About Africell Uganda:
Africell launched its commercial operations in Uganda in November 2014, having completed the acquisition of Orange Uganda earlier in the year. The acquired network has over 650 radio sites with a coverage footprint spanning the majority of Uganda and serving more than 1,000,000 active subscribers offering 2G, 3G, and LTE in Kampala.
Job Summary: The NOC Engineer will be managing trouble tickets originated by the OMC for all network elements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling and acknowledging trouble tickets Originated by the OMC
- The incumbent will be qualifying alarms affecting the network to give a first diagnosis and escalating to the contractors or Africell field engineers.
- Handling every service alarm detected by the service monitoring system (trouble ticketing), report and follow up alarms till alarm clearance.
- Ensure that the planned intervention on the operational networks are all carried out in a controlled timely manner with minimum service downtime.
- Fill alarms’ report and handover to the next shift.
The applicants for the NOC Engineer jobs must hold a bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, computer Engineering or any a related discipline.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to NOC Head of Section via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email Or Hand deliver to Africell Uganda, Clement Hill Road, Plot 28-30, P.O. Box 24144 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 28th October 2016