Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
War Child is an internationally recognized charity that works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. in Uganda, through its Access to Justice and Protection programmes, War Child Canada provides LegalAid services for Women and Child Survivors of violence and raises public awareness around the impact of conflict on communities and the shared responsibility to act.
This programme has now expanded to the South Sudanese refugee settlements in the West Nile region and Kiryandongo where War Child Canada seeks to increase the legal protections of children, youth, women and men and continue to address the prevalence of perpetrators’ impunity through legal intervention, awareness raising and capacity building. Our programming emphasizes strong Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) prevention, identiﬁcation and response interventions.
War Child Canada has recieved funding from United States Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM) to increase protection for refugees and other vulnerable persons in Ugandan refugee settlements in the districts of Adjumani, Arua, Kiryandongo, Koboko and Kamwenge. We are now seeking several qualiﬁed, experienced, and dynamic persons to join our team in the following positions:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant.
Reports to: Logistics and Security Manager.
Location: Adjumani, with frequent travel to field projects in Adjumani and other district
Duration: 12 months, with possibility of extension.
Logistics Assistant is to assist in the provision of adequate and timely logistical and security support to ensure the effective implementation of War Child Canada country programs and operations in Uganda.
Assist the Logistics and Security Manager in effectively managing logistics activities to ensure the provision of adequate and timely logistical support for effective implementation of WCC Uganda country programs and operations.
Respond to program and support function and logistical support requests in adequate and timely manner.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A diploma or certiﬁcate in logistics, procurement, supply chain or related ﬁeld.
- A minimum of 2 year experience working a similar position.
- Experience or good understanding of logistics support services, including transport, procurement and stock control. ,
- Good coordination skills – methodical and self-organized with the ability to respond quickly to support requests.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, outlook, internet).
- Good written and spoken English language, including report writing. Lobbying and Advocacy Skills.
- Strong team work with the ability to interact proactively and collaboratively with WCC program and support teams at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to work in remote area and undertake frequent travel, at times in short notice and spend time away from base and home.
- Commitment to War Child‘: vision, mission and principles.
Job application procedure
The Application Package must include:
- Detailed CV.
- Cover Letter indicating clearly daytime telephone contact and active email address.
- Photocopies of relevant certiﬁcates (both professional and vocational).
- Contact information of at least three professional referees.
Note: Clearly indicate position and location you are applying for. Interested applicants should deliver ONLY hard copies of their Application Packages to any of the following War Child Canada Ofﬁces: Kampala: 2nd floor, Plot 944 Ggaba Road. Kansanga.
(Please ensure applications are delivered to War Child Canada NOT War Child Holland:)
Kiryandongo: Panyadoli Refugee Settlement RFM Base Camp, Bweyale.
Arua: Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement Yoro Base Camp.
Koboko: Lobule Refugee Settlement, Ofﬁce of the Prime Minister Building.
Note: Qualiﬁed female and other equity-seeking candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
War Child Canada recruits with a fair, transparent and competitive process in line with our organizational policy. Any lobbying will automatically terminate candidacy. Thank you for your Interest in War Child Canada.
Deadline of this Job: 5:00 PM 28th Oct 2016
ga('create', 'UA-57210773-2', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');