Reference number; SVN: 07/10/016
Position; Administrative Clerk SSCoS
Position grade: G3
Duty station: Kampala, Uganda
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. lt does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM in Uganda, is implementing the project “Strengthening Social cohesion and community stabilization in slum populations”. The project aims to address the root causes of inter communal conflict in slum populations by addressing sources of grievances and by strengthening community cohesion around shared development assets. The project will provide employment opportunities and basic local services, as well as preventing conflict in marginalized communities in urban slums of Uganda.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant and overall supervision of the project manager, the incumbent will assist the implementing partner and will undertake the following functions;
1. Provide clerical assistance in the day-to-day finance and administrative support to the implementing partner including administrative, financial and logistical support, to support timely implementation of project activities;
2. Maintain and update filing systems for project documents;
3. Draft routine correspondences
4. Provide logistical assistance to the project manager and the project team in the organization of meetings, trainings and workshops. Liaise with relevant stakeholders to coordinate the attendance of relevant officials at meetings, trainings and workshops;
5. Prepare, submit, and follows up on payment/purchase requests, funds transfers relevant to the project;
6. Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of High School Degree/ Certificate with 3 years’ experience or Diploma/ Certificate with 1 years’ experience in Business Administration.
• Three years (one year for applicants with Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant experience in a similar capacity.
• Relevant experience working with and providing support to community based organizations;
• Understanding of grants management;
• Experience working with youth;
• Excellent organizational, communication and report writing skills;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, excel, power point);
• Demonstrates ability to take initiative, work in a team and work with minimal supervision.
Job application procedure
Please include the POSITION TITLE and Reference number in the subject line of the email and ensure to send your attachments as one document in PDF and the title of‘ your attachment should be your full names
If you receive a notification of non-delivery of your email, please forward your application to email@example.com
Only Shortlisted candidates will he contacted.
Interested candidates should send resumes, evidence of previous works and three references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a detailed Terms of Reference, download this document for details: administrative-clerk-sscos
Deadline: 10. November.2016