Station: Kamuli / Nakaseke
Whave is a social enterprise registered in Uganda. We work with communities, government authorities, social organisations and NGOs, to find and demonstrate solutions to poverty and conservation issues. Our team includes both local and international experts with professional capabilities ranging from engineering to social science.
We are currently seeking candidates to fill the role of Admin and Water Quality Officer under our Safe Water Security Programme in Nakaseke and Kamuli. Applicants are invited to email us at email@example.com. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter including why this position interests you, how your previous experience is relevant and why you think you can achieve good results.
Admin and Water Quality Officer
The role as an Admin and Water Quality Officer will be to assist in the implementation of Whave’s project in Nakaseke and Kamuli to improve access to safe water in rural areas.
The main tasks of the Admin and Water Quality Officer will be as follows:
- Document and record all office and project expenses
- Management of company project accounts and petty cash
- Paying invoices
- Procurement of office supplies
- Maintaining the condition of the office and other equipment
- Research, prepare and supply information on general company issues or project specific issues as required
- Management of contractors based at the field office
- Establishment and oversight of Kamuli / Nakaseke office filing and safe
- Assist in arranging and facilitating meetings, training and other events
- Preparing and testing the quality of water samples
As the role will involve a lot of interaction with local staff good Lusoga / Luganda is preferable but not essential.
- Successful applicants must have adequate skills and experience suitable for the tasks described above, including:
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Degree level education preferably in a scientific degree
- At least two years experience in an administrative role
- Lusoga / Luganda preferable
- Experience in water quality testing is not essential
- Good computer skills such as knowledge of Excel and Word
Working hours and conditions will be standard, with scope for flexibility to suit individual circumstances.
Remuneration will be on a negotiation basis, depending on your skills and experience.
Please email your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, together with a covering letter which describes your interest in the role: