Fresher Administrative Officer Job – Private Sector Foundation Uganda
The Government of Uganda has received credit from the World Bank towards implementation of the Competitive and Enterprise Development Project (CEDP). The project development objective (PDO) of CEDP is to improve the competitiveness of enterprises in Uganda through supporting reforms in priority productive and service sectors geared towards a better investment climate with particular focus on MSMEs. The 5 year project comprises of four major components and is implemented by seven agencies. However, the overall coordination of the Project will lies with the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) through a Project Coordination Unit (PCU).
The PSFU now invites suitably qualified individuals, with qualifications and experience as detailed below to apply for the position of Administrative Officer under the PCU. The assignment shall be for a period of two years subject to probation period of six months, and renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Position: Administrative/Office Services Officer
Location: Kampala Uganda
Reports: The Project Coordinator, CEDP
Job Purpose and Scope:
The Administrative Officer will be in charge of all activities aimed at ensuring the efficient administration of the project. As office Superintendent, the administrative officer shall manage and oversee activities of the support staff and ensure that any matters are promptly and appropriately handled. The Officer will also ensure that office logistics are availed and functional at appropriate times and that the project environment is serene. S/he will carry out the following broad functions:
- Handle day-to-day administrative operations of the project office
- Supervise and handle support staff matters
- Arrange meetings, workshops, travel and security clearances when required
- Supervise the stores operations and ensure appropriate project logistics are available to the teams
- Manage service contracts for the PCU
- Supervise cleaning and maintenance of the project office
The specific assignment requirements include:
- Handle the matters of general office administration and staff matters
- Administer daily office operations and coordinate logistic requirements
- Coordinate and organize meetings including venues, facilities, document preparation and catering
- Organize travel by staff members
- Support drafting, editing and finalising reports and correspondences
- Ensure that all documents, correspondences are appropriately and securely filed meticulously.
- Formulate and implement/administer Human Resource procedures, and monitor their effectiveness.
- Develop and implement performance management system for the Project support staff
- Follow up all service contracts under the PCU to ensure that they are implemented in accordance with the terms therein.
- Identify and rationalize career and training opportunities/needs for project staff.
- Ensure all Human Resource data types and reports are continually kept up-to-date.
- Keep an inventory of the equipment and goods for the project.
- Liaise with local authorities for any licenses, permits, taxes or permission associated with office/ project activities
- Support employee registration on the IFMIS
- Organise project events
- Undertake any other duties incidental to the above as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Well maintained and conducive office environment
- Well Maintained staff files
- Well executed service contracts
- Up to date stores register.
- Human Resource Master Plan for the Project
- An honour bachelors’ degree in Administrative & Secretarial Science, Social Sciences, development studies, Business Administration, Management or a related field. A postgraduate qualification in human resource management, project planning & management, business administration, stores/logistics management, secretarial is an added advantage. Be knowledgeable in modern Office systems and must be computer literate.
- Be familiar with management and implementation of donor funded programmes and coordination with related programmes. Specific experience in the public sector is an added advantage.
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills. Ability to plan, organize, solve problems, implement, monitor and evaluate tasks and to deliver outputs to meet required deadlines; ability to relate well with a multiplicity of stakeholders; self-motivated and team worker, and of demonstrable and unquestionable level of integrity.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent drafting, report writing and communication skills
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to work as a team leader/team member
Application letters with detailed curriculum vitae and academic certiﬁcates and testimonials clearly indicating the position applied for should be addressed and hand delivered to the address
Job application procedure
The Project Coordinator
Competitiveness and Enterprize
Private Sector Foundation Uganda
Lower Building Plot 43 Nakasero Road
Deadline of this Job: 1700hrs on December 16, 2016