Mountains of the Moon University was established in 2005 as not for profit community university whose ownership is expressed through the various representative communities which include, the districts, municipalities ,religious communities and the business communities of the Rwenzori region.
The University hereby invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions.
Lab attendant (soil) (1)
Reports to: Head of Department.
Qualification. Dip in science lab &technology or related field and two year’s experience.
- In collaboration with researchers; Support and conduct research in soil chemistry following specified research methodology
- Carry-out laboratory preparation, testing and analysis of soil and plant tissue samples , observing quality control procedure® and good laboratory practice :
- Performing soil chemical analysis: for detailed Survey and management purposes
- Organizing and processing of laboratory data in’ spreadsheets prior to detailed analysis
- Directing fellow technical staff/Students in soil chemical analysis for survey and management purposes, including periodic review of methods
- Participate in research studies on better management aspects of different soils depending on their characteristics, for improved crop yields
- Regular servicing and maintenance of laboratory equipment, including trouble shooting.
- Manage soils laboratory sample flow.
- Conduct/develop/improve new and existing soil and plant testing methods.
- Perform laboratory and proficiency testing for soil and water analysis
- Troubleshoot and monitor for irregularities in soil and plant test results, media, equipment and facilities.
- Supervise and train students working in the Soils Laboratory.
- Expand knowledge and professionalism in soil, water and plant tissue testing through continuing education, such as workshops, enrolling in relevant coursework, and by participating in professional soil/plant tissue testing committees and associations
- Monitor inventory and order supplies as needed for soils laboratory.
- Update Soils Quality Manual procedures, including standard operating procedures and work job instructions, and assure quick response to Corrective and Preventative Action Requests.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Library and Information Systems, records and library information or its equivalent,
- 2 years working experience.
HOW TO APPLY;
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, curriculum vitae with three References, copies of certificates and Transcripts to;
The Human Resource Director, Mountains of Moon University P,O Box 837, Fort Portal, Uganda.
Deadline: By 23rd December 2016 at 5:00pm