Job Title: Office Assistant
Organisation: Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA)
Funding Source: UNHCR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance and Administration Officer
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international African humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the Horn, East & Central Africa by implementing WASH, Health, Education, Livelihoods, Community service & development and Protection programs in the region for a period of more than 20 years.
About UNHCR Project:
HIJRA with funding from the UNHCR in Uganda is implementing a multi-sectoral Program for refugees in Oruchinga settlement (Isingiro district), Nakivale settlement (Isingiro district) and Nyakabande Transit Center (Kisoro district).
Job Summary: The Office Assistant is mainly responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and attractive working environment and provides other administrative support services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the cleanliness of the offices environment, ensure wash rooms are clean and the accessories (tissues papers, detergents, etc.) in use are adequately availed and replaced where necessary
- Prepare and serve teas/ meals to staff and visitors as well as guests
- The Office Assistant will request for necessary office supplies as directed by the Field program Coordinator
- Receive and attend to all people visiting the office, directing them to appropriate department/office as necessary.
- Runs errands for the office as directed by supervisor
- The incumbent will make requisition for the purchase of items used frequently within her duties (such as cleaning detergents, beverages etc.)
- Send valid receipts for all office purchases in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates transparency and accountability in all areas of work.
- Offer clerical assistance to staff through photocopying, binding and filing as requested.
- Receive and distribute official documents as required.
- Clean utensils and ensure their safe custody.
- Receive items/goods from the supplier as required
- The ideal candidate for the HIJRA Office Assistant job placement should hold a Uganda Certificate of Education or equivalent with a credit in English and at least a pass in Mathematics.
- One year of working experience in a relevant field.
- Previous experience in office attending/ front desk management would be desirable.
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Very well organized and able to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain high standards of hygiene
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sociable and open minded
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter and Curriculum Vitae including telephone and email contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer.
Application should be addressed to the:
Country Program Manager,
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA),
P.O. Box 37703, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: “Office Assistant.”
Deadline: 20th December 2016