Duty Station: Nkozi, Uganda
Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) is a faith-based private, not-for-proﬁt University owned by the Episcopal Conference of Catholic Bishops of Uganda. it is set to host the World Bank Center of Excellence in Agro-ecology and Livelihood Systems (ACALISE). The Center is looking for self motivated, dynamic and ethically upright people to ﬁll a number of positions based at its main ofﬁce at the Faculty of Agriculture, Nkozi.
Remuneration: Attractive package
Key duties and responsibilities
To oversee the general smooth running of the Laboratory but more speciﬁcally:
- Assist students and Faculty to perform laboratory tests;
- Preparing specimens and samples;
- Constructing, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment;
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
- Recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to senior colleagues;
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks in the Laboratory
- Produce periodic reports on performance and safety of the Laboratory.
- A Bachelors of Science in Laboratory Technology or a Diploma in Laboratory Technology with a B.Sc. in Chemistry or Biological ﬁeld from a recognized institution.
- Three years‘ experience in an institutional Laboratory is essential.
- The Job requires a very active well motivated and knowledgeable person with good interpersonal skills and ﬂexible work programme.
- The right candidate should be able and willing to be trained in modern Laboratory methods and handling of modern equipment including Biotechnology appliances.
Job application procedure
All applications should reach the Director, Human Resources by 31st January, 2017. Applications for each position must be accompanied with an up-to-date C.V, copies of relevant documents (certiﬁcates and awards), a current day telephone contact and email address.
For more information, visit our website on www.umu.ac.ug
Applications should be addressed to:
Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P.0. Box 5498, Kampala
Deadline of this Job: 31st January, 2017