Job Title: Plant Maintenance Electricians (2 Positions)
The Mukwano Group of Companies is one of the leading and most respected conglomerates in Eastern and Central Africa. Since it’s humble beginning in 1980, the Mukwano business has grown through visionary diversification into manufacturing, agriculture, property development, logistics, supply-chain management and packaging.
REPORTING TO THE ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Carry out repair, maintenance and installation of electrical systems.
- Monitor electrical systems and ensure effective performance of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, for effective compatibility and safety of electrical systems and processes.
- Participate in maintaining records, files, prepare timely reports and order supplies and equipment.
- Makes requisitions for electrical materials as per available requirements.
- Participate in planning and implementation of work schedules, equipment usage schedules, procedure for equipment and appliance maintenance plans.
- Ensure proper acquisition and use of materials as per applicable procedures.
- Participate in effective housekeeping practices in the plant.
- Assist the Electrical Supervisor in implementing all design requirements of the respective processes.
- Ensure that electrical loads meet the set standards
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Any other duties assigned by the Electrical Supervisor
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Higher or Ordinary Diploma or Vocational training certificate in Electrical Engineering from recognized institutions.
- 2 and above years of experience in Electrical repairs and maintenance in a manufacturing set up.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical and troubleshooting skills
- Should have a positive attitude, effective communication, professional presentation, high level of integrity and confidentiality, ability to work extra hours, self-driven, flexible, results focused, creative, innovative, work under pressure with minimum supervision. S/he should have excellent good customer care skills, should be flexible to work at on call and be physically and mentally fit, fast and resilient to operational procedures.
Applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials, L.C1 letter, National ID and a detailed curriculum vitae indicating contact addresses of three (3) referees should be sent to;
The Human Resource Department,
Mukwano Group of Companies
P.O Box 2671, Kampala, UGANDA
Or by E- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting the job reference as subject to the mail.
The attachment should not exceed 2MB. Kindly merge all your documents and send them in one attachment.
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e. from 16th August – 30th August 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited.