Job Title: Collections Officer (Secured Loans)
Responsible for managing and undertaking a collections process for debts that have been allocated to him/her.
DUTY STATION: Kampala
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Collections Officer is responsible for managing and undertaking a collections process for debts that have been allocated to him/her.
He/she will utilise best practice processes and techniques, as well as information at hand, to positively influence debtors to maximise payment of debt over the shortest period of time.
- The Collections Officer is the front face of the business therefore it is important to communicate courteously with debtors by telephone, letter, and email or by text.
- It is important to build a positive relationship as well as investigate, respond to, and progress issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
- The Collection Officer needs to display a positive attitude and a team ethos and work effectively under pressure and handle conflict situations whilst remaining professional at all times.
- The Collection Officer also needs to be inquiring and recognize the importance of best collections practice and procedures, as well as have a strong focus on achieving collection of debt in a proficient and effective manner.
- Coordinate and execute timely and accurate collection of Customers’ accounts, including calling up customers for payment.
- Monitor work progress and collection processes, handle and investigate cases for efficient debt recovery.
- Handle enquiries from customers/associates on payment issues and outstanding balances.
- Compiling status and monthly reports.
- Ensuring prompt administration of credit collection policies and procedures.
- Prompt follow ups and communication to stakeholders Handle disputes/differences in opinion
- Tracing for defaulters Meeting and exceeding assigned individual activity and result targets
- Carry out any other duties as will be assigned by you supervisor
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / related field
- 1-2 years proven experience in DEBT Collections.
- Age 25-35
- Awareness of financial services especially in relation to secured loans
- Call center work experience
- Computer Literate
- Credit management experience
- Driving experience
- Good knowledge of civil service and the decentralization process
- Knowledge of credit industry and legal processes and application in a debt recovery environment
- Life skills – the confidence and ability to relate to people from varied circumstances
- Sales, Collections and negotiation experience
Females are encouraged to apply
All suitably qualified candidates should send your application, detailed CV (in Ms Word format) and testimonials (in PDF format) to this E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.