Job Title: Administrative Assistant (UVRI NGO Jobs Uganda)
Organisation: Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI)
Funding Source: MRC (UK) and U.S. PEPFAR
Duty Station: Masaka, Uganda
Reports to: Scientist
Position Code: ADMN117
The Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI) based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe is a bilateral multi-disciplinary research organization funded by, the Medical Research Council (UK) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Uganda under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and other donor agencies. Established in 1988, the MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS is an internationally recognized center of excellence for research on HIV infection and related diseases, contributing knowledge on the revolving epidemic, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention, and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
Job Summary (UVRI NGO Jobs Uganda): The Administrative Assistant will provide overall support for the smooth running of the IPM project activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures timey allocation of facilities including transport for project use
- Ensuring availability of petty cash for project refunds and reconciling it with Administrative Assistant.
- Keenly tracks all project procurements for items and supplies, confirms receipt in liaison with the Procurement Officer.
- Manages project stores and reconciles supplies balances at every end of month with the Field Station Administrator.
- Responsible for all project related travels and works with concerned individuals to ensure timely arrangements for bookings and facilitation.
- Ensures all project assets are tagged and securely kept and reconciles list annually together with Field Station Administrator.
- Ensures all project expenses meet available financial and accounting procedures and accounts for all project expenses in a timely manner.
- The jobholder ensures a healthy communication between the project and the station administration for all requests and suggestions.
- Offers support in the planning and preparation for all project training initiatives.
- Represent the project in the station Management meetings
- Mentors and supervises the Office Attendant and Administrative Assistant while ensuring optimum performance and annual evaluation
- Responsible for Project staff welfare in consultation with the Field Station Administrator
- Conducts staff orientation for new staff on the project in liaison with the Field Station Administrator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Administrative Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field with an additional qualification in Procurement and supply chain management
- One year of experience working in a large international or research organisation supporting project implementation.
- Basic accounting knowledge is an added advantage
- Computer literacy skills
- Proficiency in the use of Navision ERP
- Good people, financial and logistical management skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications letters, copies of academic qualifications and curriculum vitae including names, telephone contacts and email addresses of three (3) referees should be sent only via e mail to: email@example.com. Please quote the position code in the subject line of the email.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Note that academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institutions
Deadline: 27th January 2017
Latest Fresher Jobs in Uganda: Fresher Administrative Assistant NGO Jobs Uganda – Medical Research Council