Job Title: Tellers (Over 20 Bank Teller Jobs Uganda)
About us (Bank Teller Jobs Uganda)
Orient bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reected in its large deposit base.
In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL). This was a Bank of Uganda invitation bid, which won, reecting our Professional, Technical and Banking soundness.
BASIC FUNCTION (Bank Teller Jobs Uganda)
To collect deposits in the form of cash and cheques and to pay out cash to customers promptly and efficiently while ensuring minimum loss.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
I. Marketing / Customer Care.
- Receive customers into the banking hall.
- Provide all product information to the customers.
- Distribute product brochures to the customers.
- Direct the clients to the relevant officers in the banking hall.
- Ensure order in the banking hall i.e. the clients should queue properly.
- Exercise discretion, judgement and initiative regarding transaction problems and inquiries.
II. Teller Transactions.
- Receive cash in form of savings deposit, loan repayments and any other fees or charges related to loans and pay cash through recaps to clients.
- Generate teller transaction list which shows all the transaction posted on clients loan accounts on daily basis.
- Generate a teller balance report which shows net cash closed with and a breakdown by totals of amounts received.
- Ensure that he/she does not exceed teller limit.
- Joint key holder for the cash cabins and trolley.
- Ensure that controlled stationery are kept in a safe place i.e. offline receipt.
- Ensure the till sheet is correctly written and eligible.
- Ensure that the treasury in and treasury out slips are correctly filled and signed by both the teller and the Back Office Supervisor.
- Ensure that all transactions are posted accurately to the respective accounts.
- Maintain a record of all the accounts that have been issued / assigned to the clients.
- Ensure that all keys and stamps are recorded in key register and signed for.
- Ensure that savings module is closed at the end of every month in order to obtain accurate figures for interest.
- Attend all back office staff briefings.
- Carry out timely disbursements as per the day’s schedule.
- Prepare variation report and submit it to the treasury on time through the regional manager.
- Make timely follow up of loan requests and submit them for approval.
- Establish the true identities of clients who qualify for the loans, how much they qualify for and eliminate ghost clients.
- Verify all the clients’ photographs on the file and in the passbook and confirm the signatures before disbursement.
- Carry out daily cash reconciliation and bank all the money that has not been disbursed within 24 hours from the time of disbursement.
- Comply with the FINCA Malawi policies and procedures of cash in transit and cash handling at the disbursement
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Business Studies or a related field from a recognized university
- Proficient in relevant computer applications i.e. excellent Microsoft office skills
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is a MUST
- Fluency in more languages is an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional and Smart in appearance
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good time management and consciousness
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should submit their applications which should include; photocopies of academic testimonials, a CV with at least three reference contacts, including the most recent employer, and telephone number to;
Plot 6/6A Kampala Road
P.O.Box 3072, Kampala, Uganda.