Title : IT Assistant (IT Jobs Uganda)
Location : Arua West Nile, Uganda
IT Jobs Uganda – The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
In Uganda, DRC works in North, North-Western, South-Western and North-Eastern regions in a range of emergency and development support for refugees and displacement-affected communities(for more information go to www.drc.dk).
IT Jobs Uganda – As the size of the DRC/ DDG Uganda expands, additional support is required to maintain a standard level of service to the office. In addition, as Uganda office embarks on an IT improvement and standardization plan, a skilled and dedicated IT support will be required to implement and support IT intervention in the West Nile field locations.
- Control and maintain IT systems such as to minimize IT service downtime
- Assist in performing software installations and support day-to-day systems operations.
- Trouble shooting the LAN.
- Hardware and software support.
- Ensure that the anti-virus within the organization is updated on a timely basis.
- Performing preventive maintenance service on the IT equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Perform general repairs on IT equipment and peripherals as instructed
- Support to maintain an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use and in the store, through diagnosing their status and performance.
- Maintain a record of all equipment received for repairs and maintenance. Ensure that internet invoices are received on time and forwarded to finance for payment
- Provide help desk and technical support to the users.
- Provide Simple guidelines training to the staff during service time.
- Report on API on a monthly basis to the region Office
- Respond to and resolve IT service outages by determining the probable cause, contacting the service providers where necessary and escalating if necessary
Reports to Administration and Finance Coordinator, West Nile and has a functional link with IT Officer –Kampala, Uganda
- BSC IT/Computer science or any relevant field.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008
- A+, N+, CCNA certification
- Web Design – HTML and CSS
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible person and ready to work on odd hours.
- Team player.
At least 2 years’ experience in a busy IT environment, e.g. as an Intern
DRC will offer the successful applicant 11 months contract, renewable, dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 15th February 2017 or soonest hereafter.
Remuneration and benefits are as per DRC Uganda standard salary scale and benefit package.
Applications should be in English and include the following:
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
The application should be sent to email@example.com and the subject line should read: IT ASSISTANT -ARUA
The deadline: 27th January 2017.**
We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.