Vacancy title: 2 Driver (Uganda Red Cross Society Job Advert)
- Drive assigned ICRC Vehicle with respect of speed, Pl braking and smooth handling with minimum stress on the vehicle.
- ls aware of the road, security, trafﬁc and weather conditions
- Transport ICRC staff and cargo according to instructions given
- Un /Loading cargo and verify that related documents cc correspond to actual load ce
- Perform weekend or public holiday standby duties when re required ‘
- Vehicle Control, Maintenance and Reporting A; relevant level of hierarchy
- Ensure regular fuelling and cleaning of cars in accordance to instruction by superior
- Daily checks on general working and body conditions of the cars (oil, water, tyre pressure)
- Check equipment of each car (tool box, ﬁrst aid kit etc) on regular basis (minimum weekly)
- Cleans assigned vehicle internally and externally
- Fill in the Logbooks of the cars generators as appropriate relevant level of hierarchy
- Report about the general situation, road condition, or any problem to Supervisor.
- Report all vehicle faults or missing equipment to Supervisor
- Report accidents according to the ICRC driving regulations
- Park the vehicle in safe areas
- Respect ICRC internal security and driving rules
- Adhere to national traffic regulations
- Fully responsible to ensure cargo is loaded in a safe manner
- Know and follow radio communication procedures
- Forward any security related information to supervisor
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
- Secondary school education
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the position and mas of 4-wheel drive with classes up to DL.
- Valid driving license for at least 5 years with a clean record of minimum 3 years ,
- Knowledge of VHF/HF radio use
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Good knowledge of oral and written English and lot languages
- Good organizational, communication and reporting skills
- Discrete and honest person
Job application procedure Interested candidates will have to send their handwritten application with a detailed CV indicating email and phone contacts, copies (not originals) of academic and work certiﬁcates, indicating a minimum of two profession referees. Applications should be addressed to the
- Register your application at the ofﬁce and receive reference number for tracking your application.
- Only applications that fullfil the criteria stated above will be considered. Applicants who are not contacts by 17.02.2017 should consider their application unsuccessful.
- No payments are required or accepted for this process and any canvassing will lead to disqualiﬁcation.
- Female candidates are encouraged apply.
Fresher Jobs in Uganda: Uganda Red Cross Society Job Advert – A ‘level Driver Jobs Uganda