Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Officer
Administrative Assistant Jobs Uganda: The Recovery and Development of Northern Uganda Component of the U-Growth II Programme is be implemented in Arua, Nebbi and Zombo districts in West-Nile under the DAR3 name and in Kitgum, Lamwo and Agago districts in Acholi Sub-region under the RALNUC3 name. The component targets 72,000 households and have three strategic interventions: Agricultural Production and Marketing, Rural Infrastructure and DLG Capacity Building.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Uganda: The activities will be implemented by various local partners, e.g. District Farmers Associations (DFAs), Uganda National Agro-input Dealers Association (UNADA) and Danish Refugee Council (DRC). Some of the support services will be outsourced to private companies. At district level the District Technical Planning Committees will act as steering committees.
Organisation: Recovery and Development of Northern Uganda Component of the U-Growth II Programme (RALNUC3)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Administration of training activities for DLG staff:
- Serve as the contact person for the staff that receives support for their training under the DLG Capacity Building
- Prepare payment of fees, stipends and research allowances for master degree and post graduate diploma studies and keep records for each student.
- Arrange for participation in short courses and prepare the necessary payments.
- Follow-up on how the students are progressing with their studies.
Administration of Procurement:
- Obtain quotations for certain types of procurement
- Prepare LPOs
- Keep a register of all LPOs
- The incumbent will receive goods
- Organise deliveries to op-country destinations
- Ensure that there are acknowledgement receipts for all up-country deliveries and file them
Assistance to Financial Management:
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Review vehicle logbooks
- File documents
Other administrative activities: Any other administrative activities assigned by the Finance Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Diploma in accounting or similar
- At least two years’ experience in administrative work
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Fully conversant with MS Office applications
- Fluency in English
How to Apply:
All candidates should e-mail their updated CVs and cover letters explaining their suitability for the post, including three work-related referees and copies of certificates to the following email: email@example.com. Please clearly mark “Administrative Assistant” in the subject field. Online attachments may not exceed 2 MB in total size.
Deadline: 10th February 2017 by 5:00PM
Jobs in Uganda: Administrative Assistant Jobs Uganda – RALNUC3 Program NGO Jobs