Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Latest Job Vacancies Uganda 2017)
Supports the project administrator in day-to-day running of administrative activities at the PHARMBIOTRAC secretariat;
Project Name: World Bank Eastern and Southern Africa Higher Center of Excellence (ACE II)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Latest Job Vacancies Uganda 2017: Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST), is the second oldest public University in Uganda established by an Act of Parliament of the Republic of Uganda, and with a vision to be a centre of academic and professional excellence in Science and Technology.
About World Bank ACE II Project:
Latest Job Vacancies Uganda 2017: MUST is one of the 24 competitively and transparently selected institutions of higher learning in Eastern and Southern Africa to receive funding under ACE II Project from International Development Association (IDA)/World Bank. ACE II project is a regional project involving eight countries namely, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Latest Job Vacancies Uganda 2017: The project seeks to promote regional specialization among participating institutions within areas that address regional development challenges through strengthening the capacities of higher education institutions of learning to deliver quality, market- relevant post-graduate education, and build collaborative research capacity as well as conduct high quality applied research in five regional priority areas: industry, agriculture, health, education and applied statistics. One of these ACE II centers of excellence hosted at MUST- Pharm- Biotechnolgy and Traditional Medicine Center (PHARMBIOTRAC) will provide a regional platform for innovative drug development, including exploring the use of traditional medicine in the region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the project administrator in day-to-day running of administrative activities at the PHARMBIOTRAC secretariat;
- Keeping records, operating machines for photocopying, duplicating, binding and filling documents;
- In charge of collecting and delivering mails and other materials as required from and to the post office, government agencies and other institutions.
- Responsible for sorting, delivery and pick up of mails from various offices and other duty stations as required;
- Performs any other duties from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Bank ACE II Project Administrative Assistant job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Business Administration;
- Qualification in Computer Applications is essential; e.g. ability to use Microsoft office applications such as word, excel, access and use of email for communication;
- Ability to operate office equipment/machines for e.g. photocopying, duplicating, binding and filling documents
- Having some previous working experience in a busy firm / organization e.g. familiar with procedures of World Bank and result oriented organizations is an added advantage;
- Ability and willingness to learn World Bank and Government Project Management Procedure;
- Very well organized and able to work under pressure and tight
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills;
- Age: Between 35-40 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the World Bank ACE II Project are encouraged to send an application letter, Copies of relevant academic/professional transcripts & certificates, Detailed curriculum vitae, Names and addresses of three professional referees, Applicants physical address, telephone contact, and email address; and Any other relevant information to;
The University Secretary, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, P. O. Box 1410, Mbarara, Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 17th February, 2017
Fresh Graduate Jobs Uganda: Latest Job Vacancies Uganda 2017 – Diploma Level Administrative Assistant – World Bank Project