Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Latest Mechanical Technician Jobs Uganda)
Contract period: 24 months
Reports to: Commissioner Agricultural Investment and Enterprise Development
Purpose of the Job:
Latest Mechanical Technician Jobs Uganda: To provide technical support services in the area of engineering to the Agricultural Investment Unit
- Provide assistance in the design and procurement of agri-machinery for harvesting, cleaning, drying, polishing, storage, processing, packing after harvest of the crops to increase production system and to contribute to Ugandan agriculture and economy.
- Prepare contractor’s agri-machinery procurement plan, crop processing design and supervision of installation work.
- Review of the suitability of agri-machineries such as cultivators, combines, tractors, polisher, milling facility, dust collecting facility and packing facility for cultivating of crops and processing of agricultural products.
- Review of the pumping station plan to supply irrigation water to rural areas efficiently.
- Calculate the capacity of pumping for the project site and determine the location of pumping station, pump type, and so forth.
- Review of basic specifications of mechanical equipment for each proposed project site.
- Determine the quantity and diameter of pumps and the other equipment such as screen, crane and main pipe materials.
- Assist priority possible candidates list of agri-machineries and pump and the transport, support and O & M tasks relevant to provided equipment.
- An Honors’ Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelors’ degree in Science in Agricultural Engineering or a related field from a reputable University/ Institution.
- Should be a registered Engineer with Uganda Engineers Registration Board (UERB)
- At least 1 years’ working experience in in engineering in government or reputable Organization. Competencies
- Computer/ ICT skills;
- Procurement Management;
- Be computer literate and be proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Have good communication (both oral and written) skills;
- Demonstrate organizational skills;
- Have good interpersonal and team work skills;
- Project Management;
- Concern for quality and standards;
- Time management;
- Ethics and integrity;
- Be proactive with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to apply:
Latest Mechanical Technician Jobs Uganda: The Permanent Secretary (MAAIF) wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the contract positions under the Agricultural Investment Unit.
Applicants should fill Application Forms/ Public Service Form 3 (2008) in triplicate and attach certified copies of academic documents and submit to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.0 Box 102, Entebbe, Open Registry, not later than 3rd March 2017.
Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews and their names displayed on the Ministry website or on the MAAIF Notice Board shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the oral interviews.
Applicants who shall not hear from the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
Deadline: 3rd March 2017
Fresh Graduate Jobs in Uganda: Latest Mechanical Technician Jobs Uganda – Fresher Mechanical Engineer Job at MAAIF