Job Title: Registered Nurse– 2 positions (Nursing Jobs In Uganda 2017)
Reports to: Head of Nursing
Nursing Jobs In Uganda 2017: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by Christian Blind Mission (CBM).
Nursing Jobs In Uganda 2017: CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Objective of the position:
Nursing Jobs In Uganda 2017: To provide individualized patient care to diversity of patients to make significant difference in the lives of patients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out cleaning and disinfection of the theatre daily.
- Lay the operating rooms ready to receive patients.
- Prepare instrument trolleys before surgery.
- Pick drugs and consumables from the store administrator for distribution in the operating rooms.
- Receive patients from the ward at the transfer bay and cross check using a surgical check list.
- Administer drugs / insert intravenous cannula when prescribed.
- Keep with the patient until patient is ready for surgery.
- Assist the surgeon during the operation.
- Act as a circulating nurse during operation.
- Disinfect, wash and send the instruments to the sterilization room.
- Prepare theatre for the next patient
- Monitor patients’ vitals regularly and as per doctors’ instructions; and keep proper records until patient is stable
- Document patient care methodically to enable continuity of care.
- Identify patient care requirements by establishing rapport with the patient as well as his relatives.
- Uphold patients’ dignity and confidentiality in all patient care operations.
- Maintain cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests and participating in problem-solving methods.
- To protect patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.(universal precautions)
- Must always report any fault, break down of equipment to the supervisor as soon as possible.
- Respond to any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Registered Nurse preferably with a Diploma in Nursing
- Certificate in First Aid
- Registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (UNMC)
- 1 – 2 years’ experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Conduct self professionally at all times.
How to Apply:
Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
NB: Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of Academic Qualifications) to The
Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
The closing date: 3rd March, 2017.