Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Administration Jobs In Uganda 2017)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager – MUST
Salary Scale: Shs. 2,682,316 /= per month
Administration Jobs In Uganda 2017: Mbarara University of Science & Technology (MUST), commonly known as Mbarara University, is a public university in Uganda. Mbarara University commenced student intake and instruction in 1989. It is one of the eight public universities and degree-awarding institutions in the country. MUST is accredited by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education.
Job Summary: Maintain computerized accounting system in respect to cash books and general ledger
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain computerized accounting system in respect to cash books and general ledger
- Tasked with the preparation of bank reconciliation statements
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts
- The incumbent will prepare periodic financial reports for management and Donors
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold an Honours B.Com (Accounting) or BBA (Accounting).
- Evidence of pursuing professional qualification of CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Previous exposure and experience in the use of the Computerized Accounting systems and use of Microsoft office applications will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work for long hours, at times during evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player. High level of organizational skills.
- Highly flexible and proactive to work Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to learn Donor and government accounting procedures.
- Age: Below 30 years.
How to Apply:
All candidates who are suitably qualified should send their applications accompanied by copies of all relevant academic documents (O’ and A level, degree and other certificates) plus three names of referees (excluding social referees) and their postal/email addresses to:
The University Secretary, Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) P.O Box 1410 Mbarara, Uganda.
Deadline: 13th March, 2017