Position: 6 Community Mentors (Part Time Jobs In Uganda 2017)
Duration: 6 months
Duty station: Hoima district
Part Time Jobs In Uganda 2017: Makerere University, School of Women and Gender Studies, Kampala in partnership with Oxford University, United Kingdom are implementing a participatory action research oriented project on “Poverty, Policy and Dignity: Shame Proofing Delivery of Group Guaranteed Loan Scheme (GGLS) in Uganda.
The research project which focuses on Community Banking Group Guaranteed Loan scheme (GGLS) offered as a pro-poor loan product, seeks to assess whether programs that are ‘shame proofed’, that is expressly designed to promote dignity and be as stigma free as possible, are more effective in attaining their anti – poverty objectives than those that are not.
The research project includes an intervention designed to create conditions and spaces that would promote dignity in the operation of the scheme and instill a sense of ownership of the scheme in a dignified manner – for the intervention group.
Makerere University, School of Women and Gender Studies, Kampala is recruiting a team of six (6) dynamic community mentors.
The mentors are expected to:
• Facilitate mentoring and guidance to members of groups to avoid points of shame related to repayment of loans
• Facilitate group learning and support around the principles of dignity and inclusive growth
• Train Community Enterprise Committee leaders in dignity enhancing processes and group management
• Facilitate access to financial advice and support to individual members and groups in accordance with their identified needs
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University in the field of Commerce, Business administration and micro-finance.
- Direct experience of community-based project working will be an added advantage
• A strong grounding in business theory and principles
• Knowledge of financial literacy initiatives and their application
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Fluent written and spoken English and Runyoro and Lusoga
• Ability to stay in the community for a given period of time
• Proven experience of effective team working
• Knowledge of how Group Guaranteed Loan schemes work in microfinance institutions
How to apply
Applications should be delivered to the following address
Prof Grace Bantebya Kyomuhendo
School of Women and Gender Studies
College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Makerere University,
P.O Box 7062, Kampala Uganda
Or emailed to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Deadline: Not later than 15th March 2017