Vacancy title: 5 Debt Collection Officers (Debt Collection Jobs Uganda)
Jobs at: Banar Collection Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Debt Collection Jobs Uganda: Banar Collections Ltd is a leading debt collection agency and credit consultancy firm in Uganda, offering services mainly to Commercial Banks, Government and Corporate institutions.
Banar is seeking to recruit competent personnel in the following position;
Debt Collection Officers (Kampala) (5 Positions)
The Debt Collection / Field Officer is responsible for meeting targets for cash collection from debtors and giving support to the management of the debt portfolio.
- Chasing outsourced debts and meeting collection targets in order to maintain a positive cash flow_
- Perform skip tracing activities involving looking for debtors whose whereabouts is unknown.
- Generate client statements and Demand Letters and manage the escalation process periodically reviewing its effectiveness.
- Allocate payments to respective debt accounts so that debtor information and balances are kept accurate.
- Provide support in the management of the debt portfolio and to ensure that the portfolio is accurate and up-to-date.
- identify slow moving accounts noting key details so that such accounts are escalated for case management.
- Deal with and manage correspondence from clients to ensure that service levels are maintained within the acceptable turnaround time.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Economics, Business Administration, or Commerce. Additional qualifications in Banking or Credit are an added advantage.
- Experience of working in a debt collection environment is essential but not mandatory.
- Good negotiation skills with ability to assess issues and be assertive / firm with clients as required.
- Excellent communication skills, telephone manners and techniques and interpersonal skills. ‘
- Ability to work autonomously and take responsibility.
- Ability to understand terms and conditions of contracts. to analyze slow moving accounts and outline a collection strategy to resolve each case.
- Computer literacy is essential and mandatory.
- Knowledge of basic book keeping
Job application procedure
Submit your application together with a detailed CV and copies of academic qualiﬁcations to the address below;
firstname.lastname@example.org, banar Collections Ltd, P.0.Box 26113 Kampala, 4th Flour, Kaniokya House, Plot 90, Kaniukya Street, Kamwnitya Kampala
Deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday 22nd March, 2017.