Scholarships For Ugandan Students 2017: Makerere University partnered with The MasterCard Foundation, to support 1000 academically bright but economically disadvantaged youth, from Africa to access quality university education from 2014 to 2024. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program provides comprehensive financial, academic as well as social support to Scholars for the entire period of their study at the University. Makerere University is pleased to announce 256 undergraduate scholarship opportunities (229 females & 27 males) for both National and International students joining the university in academic year 2017/2018. Note that the application forms are NOT for SALE and there are NO PAYMENTS at any stage of the selection process.
Scholarships For Ugandan Students 2017: Applicants must be accepted for a course of study at Makerere University before submitting an application for a The MasterCard Foundation scholarship.
In order to be considered for the The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University;
Both males and females are eligible. Applicants must be;
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their own communities once studies are completed.
- Return to their home areas and countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Future leaders committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- Commitment to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities
- Citizens and residents of all African countries.
- Wanting to study at undergraduate level at Makerere University
- Applying to study in the preferred fields of Agriculture, Veterinary medicine, ICT, Health Sciences, Technology and Engeneering, Law and Human rights and Business and Financial Management at Makerere University.
- All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to Makerere University to be considered for the Scholarship.
Financial Assistance & Support
Scholarships For Ugandan Students 2017: The transition from high school to university is challenging for all students but particularly so for international students who have to adjust to a new culture and possibly a new language, away from family and friends. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program and Makerere University understand this and have developed a package of academic and personal support.
The Scholars will receive comprehensive support as listed below;
- Tuition and functional fees
- Laptop, books and other learning materials
- Accommodation, beddings and meals
- Medical insurance
- Transport to and from home.
- Psychosocial and mentorship support
- Capacity building training in leadership, communication, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, Gender and Human rights.
How to apply:
Applicants should obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 402, or Down load the application forms online.
Submit completed Application Forms to the address in (1) above by Friday 28th April 2017 at 5:00pm. If submitting by email as an attachment, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is clearly legible and send to: email@example.com.
Should you need further clarification on the application process don’t hesitate to call us on our hotline +256 414 542470
Deadline: Friday 28th April 2017 at 5:00pm
- Whereas both male and female applicants are eligible, female applicants will be given priority.
- This program exercises merit principles and zero tolerance to dishonesty. Any form of influence pedaling by anybody will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
- Cases of impersonation, falsification of documents, giving false and or incomplete information whenever discovered will lead to automatic disqualification and or prosecution in the courts of law of Uganda.
- Makerere University appeals to the public to be aware of organizations or individuals within or outside of the University, who might want to take advantage of the scholarship application process by way of selling scholarship forms, or soliciting for money in the hope of securing an applicant a scholarship. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program application form is absolutely free of charge, individuals caught in the act of conning the public will be prosecuted in courts of law.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified at every step of the scholarship application process, and the decision of the Selection Committee will be final in the awarding of the Scholarship.
Scholarships For Ugandan Students 2017 – Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at Makerere University 2017/2018