Title : IT Intern (ICT Jobs In Uganda 2017)
Employer: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Location : Arua, Uganda; with frequent travel with in the West Nile region.
Duration : 4 months
ICT Jobs In Uganda 2017: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world.
The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
In Uganda, DRC works in North, North-Western, South-Western and North-Eastern regions in a range of emergency and development support for refugees and displacement-affected communities(for more information go to www.drc.dk).
ICT Jobs In Uganda 2017: As the size of the DRC/ DDG Uganda expands, additional support is required to maintain a standard level of service to the office. In addition, as Uganda office embarks on an IT improvement and standardization plan, a skilled IT support will be required to implement and support in the main office and respective field Locations.
He /She should be motivated in the field of IT and Communications and especially possess skills in networking both in LAN and WAN technologies. The right candidate must be self-driven and must work with minimal Supervision.
- We are looking for people who have pride, passion and energy, but mostly love interacting with new and emerging technologies
- Take responsibility for the quality of services they offer
Guidance and skills development to ensure that standards are maintained and improved.
- Developing, customizing and Delivering ICT solutions.
- Assist in the design and preparation of materials, resources and information to be used in respect of programmed delivery.
- Carry out monitoring, guidance, support and mentoring of staff in the areas of IT and communication
- Coordinate trainings for staff on basic IT and troubleshooting skills
- Have keen troubleshooting and be able to produce regular reports be it weekly or monthly as called upon Reporting Arrangements Reports to the Area Manager –ARUA, and the IT officer, Kampala
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Dynamism, creativity and flexibility.
- Knowledge of SQL, programming in C#, .Net, Java and PHP
- Demonstrate previous ICT training skills
- A+ Certification or equivalent (computer hardware maintenance/repairs skills)
- Ability to submit reports and keep financial recordsPreferable:
- Diploma and or Bachelor’s degree in IT or related course
Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- Must have extensive training in communication Aged 24 to 30 years.
- Must be passionate about technology and working in hardship areas
- Demonstrated Experience in networking
- Knowledge, certification and work experience in computer repair, hardware and programming
- Microsoft windows/office, Programming, Graphic Design
- Knowledge in hardware/ software trouble shooting is a requirement.
How to apply:
Application and CVApplications should be in English and include the following:
A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria.
Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email to email@example.com by 24th March 2017 2:00pm clearly indicating position name in the subject line.
We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICT Jobs In Uganda 2017 – No Experience Diploma Level ICT Intern at DRC