Job Title: Technical Officers (Trainees) – 5 CAA Uganda Jobs Jobs
Organization: Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref: CAA/ADV/EXT/01/2017
Reports to: Manager CNS
CAA Uganda Jobs: Civil Aviation Authority is a corporate body responsible for the regulation of Civil Aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport and 13 other aerodromes upcountry. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS). The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the following positions in its establishment.
CAA Uganda Jobs: The Technical Officer (Trainee) will enable a graduate engineer acquire professional and technical skills in the field of engineering with regard to:-Project management, Maintenance /installation, Planning and Documentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Trainee will acquaint self with the operations of ICAO, the African and Indian Ocean Planning and Implementation Regional Group (APIRG), the Uganda CAA and the Directorate of Air Navigation Services.
- Undergo on-job training in the telecommunication systems used in CAA.
- Actively participate in the implementation of Annex 10 and the AFI Air Navigation Plan requirements.
- The jobholder will be attached to various Communication, Navigation and surveillance (CNS) Air Traffic Management (ATM) units of the Directorate of Air Navigation Services.
- Participate in a 24 Hour (7 days shift) maintenance operations at Entebbe and other Up country Aerodromes of Gulu and Soroti among others.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Technical Officer (Trainee) should hold good University Degrees (Honors) in any of the following: Electrical (Light Currents), Electronics, Telecommunications or Computer Engineering
- Computer and Networking skills in A+, Server+, Network+, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, MCSE and Linux+
- Possess good software programming skills in C, C++, PHP, Java, Perl, and MATLAB
- Database development and management Skills in MS Access, Oracle, MySQL, and Postgress
- Applications development skills in .NET, ASP, and MS Visual Studio or Visual Basic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team leadership and management skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Visio and AutoCAD
- Applicants with the relevant knowledge and skills will have added advantage
- Age: Below 26 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who desire to join the aviation industry should send their hand-written applications with detailed CV and copies of academic certificates plus transcripts with the Job reference number clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address below. Please indicate your (day time) phone contact.
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office),
P.O. BOX 5536, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 7th April 2017 by 5:00 PM