Job Title: Data Entry Clerk (Data Entry Jobs Uganda 2017)
Reports to: Registration Officer
Duration: One (1) Year Contract
Department: Liquidation Unit
Data Entry Jobs Uganda 2017: The Uganda Registration Services Bureau seeks to recruit suitable qualified, competent, and experienced professionals to fill vacancies within various directorates and departments.
The Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) is established as a Statutory Body under the Uganda Registration Services Bureau Act Cap. 210, Laws of Uganda 2000 Edition. The Bureau is a key player in commercial and civil registrations that facilitate private sector development and vital statistics for national planning.
URSB now seeks to recruit suitably qualified, competent and experienced professionals to fill vacancies within its various directorates. These positions require persons with integrity, dedication, diligence and commitment who are professionals in one or more of the following functional areas: – Business Registration, Liquidation, Intellectual Property Registration, Civil Registration, Finance and Administration.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Inputs Official Receiver/Liquidation data in a timely and accurate manner into the Liquidation Management System (LMS).
2. Export data from Management System (LMS).to other off shelves systems
3. Utilize computerized data entry equipment and various word processing, spreadsheet and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information as requested or otherwise necessary, and summarizes data in preparation of standardized reports.
4. Compilation of statistical information for special reports.
5. Develop and maintain working relationships with key official receiver staff.
6. Performs general clerical functions such as sorts, arrange/organizes information on files in a sequential manner.
7. Scan and file all input data in well labeled and easy to refer to folders.
8. Performs other work as required or assigned from higher authority.
1. Data activities Planned
2. Data captured
3. Reports prepared and analysed
As a responsible and equal opportunity employer, URSB is committed to providing very attractive employment terms, rich career development opportunities and a healthy working environment. The contract period is 5 years.
Please Note: The 5 year contract Period applies only where the duration of the contract has not been explicitly stated in the job specifications.
Interested candidates who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to submit their applications through the process below not later than 5:00pm 12th April,2017.Note the following;
a) Fill in the Application Form – Click here to download the Application form.
b) Send applications through the EMAIL address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: No physical Application Forms shall be accepted at the URSB offices.
c) The Subject of the email sent MUST contain the CODE for the position being applied for (e.g URSB0057 if you are applying for the position of ‘Driver’ )
d) Applicants will receive a response to confirm delivery of their email.
e) DO NOT attach copies of your Academic Documents at this point.
Only candidates that have been shortlisted & contacted will be REQUIRED to present Copies of their ORIGINAL documents and submit photocopies of the same.
Minimum training and experience.
1. Honor’s Degree from recognized University in Secretarial Studies, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Statistics, Office and Information Management or a related field.
2. Practical experience in data management field is an added advantage.
1. Ability to recognize and resolve issues promptly
2. Ability to work under pressure, without supervision and within tight deadlines
3. A high level of attention to detail
4. Critical and analytical thinking
5. Self discipline and strong work ethic
6. Computer skills, including word processing (Microsoft Word with spreadsheets, grants database(s) desirable.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills
8. Good interpersonal skills
9. Team player
10. Report writing skills
Application Deadline: 12th April, 2017
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing, influence peddling and /or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.