Job Title: 25 Graduate Interns (World Vision Internship 2017)
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Program Manager/Head of Department
World Vision Internship 2017: World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
About World Vision Internship Program:
World Vision Internship 2017: The graduate trainees will form a pool from which future entry level positions in general management and programme management can be recruited. The internship program will also provide WVU with quality candidates for temporary or seasonal positions and projects.
Duty Station: Kampala, Gulu, Busia, Kibaale, Rakai, Kiboga, Kitgum, Buliisa, Bundibudyo, Butaleja, Tororo, Pader, Oyam and Hoima District, Uganda
Some of the Internship Benefits Include:
- Provide room for innovation by allowing interns bring new perspectives to issues and challenges that could be affecting World Vision Uganda.
- Enhance visibility of WVU in both the communities where we work and at Universities where Interns shall be recruited. If an Intern gets an interesting and rewarding experience in learning and contributing to Child Wellbeing through World Vision, they’re likely to recommend resourceful people/agencies and initiatives to WV.
- Build a pool of Christian development professionals for the humanitarian industry. Not all interns would be absorbed into World Vision Uganda upon completion of the training; world vision would have contributed towards enhancing their employability. WV will therefore be contributing towards build a well-qualified workforce for the local humanitarian industry.
- Enhance youth employability by providing young qualified graduates with work experience in various sectors such as WASH, Agriculture and Food Security, Health etc within the humanitarian industry
- Providing a flexible and very cost effective workforce especially in scenarios where long term commitment is not required.
- Promoting our social responsibility in having qualified members in our community participating in development work.
- Enhanced visibility of WVU in both the communities where we work and at Universities where
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The applicants should be Ugandan citizens who meet the following criteria:-
- Graduates who have completed studies in the relevant field of study identified above as per each location with either First class degree or 2nd Class Upper (CGPA 3.8 and above) i.e. Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Mass Communication, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration/BCom with a bias in Accounting, Agriculture, Nutrition and Dietary, Public Health or Environmental Science or related discipline. The degree should have been attained in the last three years at most.
- The graduates should be practicing Christians regardless of denomination, gender and ethnic background are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Exhibit passion and genuine desire to serve among the poor in rural and semi urban areas of Uganda.
- Possess a good character, honesty, high competency and generally in good physical and emotional health with evidence of a recent full medical check-up.
- The applicants should be natives of the District for which you’re applying for (check top of advert for duty stations), with evidence of assured accommodation or relatives
- Age: Below 26 years old, single and willing to fully commit your time to the Graduate internship program for a period of one year.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 30th April 2017