Job Title: Typesetter (Typing Jobs in Uganda)
Organization: Uganda Law Reform Commission (ULRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: Ug. shs. 2,000,000/=
Reports to: Commissioner, Law Revision
Typing Jobs in Uganda: The Uganda Law Reform Commission is established under Article 248(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its primary mandate is to study and keep under constant review the Acts and all other laws comprising the laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their systematic improvement, development, modernisation and reform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typeset all Commission publications as required.
- Design covers of all publications submitted.
- Advise on the format of all publications.
- Incorporate all amendments of laws made.
- Typeset draft verified laws and study reports.
- Submit soft copies of all concluded assignments to the supervisor.
- Perform any other duties relating to the typesetting and formatting of Commission publications assigned to him/her.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be a Ugandan who holds a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Art and Design from a recognised University
- At least two years’ experience in a busy environment
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Adobe creative suit, (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Professional etc.) and any other modern design software.
- Skills in layout and design particularly good knowledge of book layout and design.
- Visual Ideation /Creativity.
- Good knowledge of printing processes (added advantage)
- Good at decision making and self-drive
- Skills in typing, proofreading and a good eye for detail.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Age: 25 years and above
How to Apply:
All qualified Ugandans should send their applications with fully certified photocopies of their testimonials and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), recent passport size photographs and a portfolio of previous works filled in triplicate to:
The Commission Secretary,
Uganda Law Reform Commission,
8th floor, Workers’ House,
P.O. Box 12149, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 8th May 2017 by 5.00pm