Job title: Assistant Social Worker (HIAS Uganda Jobs)
Organization: HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
· Conduct interviews with individuals and families to assess and review their situation.
· Develop plans to improve a client’s well-being.
· Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
· Participate in team meetings regarding child protection and social assistance panel.
· Refer clients for further assistance either internally or externally.
· Respond to crisis situations such as child abuse, neglect and Gender Based Violence.
· Follow up with clients to ensure that their situation has improved.
· Assist the social worker to conduct home visits for refugees at heightened risk in coordination with other HRTK-Uganda staff and keeps track of socio-environmental risks.
· Collect and make regular updates for data required for Sexual Based Violence Information Management system and HIAS database.
· Assist social worker to conduct community awareness sessions of GBV issues through drama, community dialogues, psychological first Aid and community healing activities.
· Perform other duties as required.
Education – University degree in Social work or related field with a strong bias in counseling. Or Advanced college diploma along with extensive field experience working in the refugee assistance sector
Skills and competencies:
• Computer literacy a must: excellent working knowledge with WORD, ACCESS and EXCEL;
• Good knowledge of human rights doctrine and working experience in counseling;
• Experience in capacity building including facilitation of community-based training and awareness raising; • Good knowledge of child rights and prevention and response to SGBV issues;
• Good knowledge of Kampala and its environs;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
No less than one year previous work experience in counselling or social work preferably in an NGO setting. Experience working with refugees a plus.
Languages: Proficiency in English and Swahili, basic French a plus.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Closing date: 08 May 2017